I need a rackmount power conditoner, regulator, and surge protector. Any suggestions?

Moltar

• Members
Price is not a factor I have lots of money.

khh, khh, khh...:D

Just buy one of those Furman beasts, with the mad scientist power switch on it. :p

I'd get one, but it's not in the financial planner...

Those are really supposed to clean up any noise in your system. You can run a whole studio through them, and get a noticeably lower noise floor.

• Members

I've been happy with the furman ar15 and a power factor pro.

The new ar15 II has some power conditioning features... so it might be a good way to go

THe only real advice I have for you is to think about size, weight, and amps. I used to power my rack with an ar1220 and it was total overkill... heavy as hell... and popped circuit breakers everywhere I went... The ar15 has served me much better... but it has half of the outlets to plug into compared to the 1220

there are some good threads at thegearpage.com on this topic. Some of the guys over there have suggested slighlty better and definately more expensive alternatives to furman.

• Members

thanks for the replies guys. holy crap though that one leadfootdriver posted is a behemoth! i was under the (ignorant) impression that all power conditioners were one rack space. i think i may be in over my head here :p I only have one rack space available for this unit. was I stupid to think that I could get a conditioner, regulator, and surge protector in ONE rackspace?

Archived