IV Crane Anyone?

badtoneno

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by IVcrane

Oh and I'm proud of my thick Boston accent, not only is it the thickest in LA, but probably the thickest in Boston as well.....

dude... when you are at the Ampfest in Boston, you had the thickest Boston accent there :thu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OK- I'm out of patience. I'm going to bump this again for a response.

All I can say right now is that if anyone is thinking about buying a Telegun amp- DON'T until they get their distribution and customer service issues resolved.

I'm probably going to devote a thread to this. Frankly, it will be against my own interests but I feel an obligation to let the people know on this forum not to buy a product instead of just hearing hype all the time.

• Members

Originally posted by badtoneno

OK- I'm out of patience. I'm going to bump this again for a response.

All I can say right now is that if anyone is thinking about buying a Telegun amp- DON'T until they get their distribution and customer service issues resolved.

I'm probably going to devote a thread to this. Frankly, it will be against my own interests but I feel an obligation to let the people know on this forum not to buy a product instead of just hearing hype all the time.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.

FWIW

I will say that I have gotten to try one of the their amps, and it was one of the best I've ever played through!

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Savage

That blows... sorry to hear it dude.

Yeah, well. I know that you always viewed him somewhat skeptically and your instincts were probably right.

I want to make it clear that this is really more a problem with Ed than the builder. I really feel bad for the builder, Jim, in Greece. He's been totally cool from day one but his hands are kind of tied due to Ed's irresponsibility.

In case you're wondering, the amp had some issues early on. I blew two fuses right off the bat. After changing them for ones of higher value (per Jim's instructions) the amp ran.

Unfortunately I think something in the preamp went bad and it was severely lacking mids. I tried to deal with it for a while and wasn't totally sure if something was wrong or that was how the amp was voiced. After a while it became apparent that there was a problem. I sent it out to Ed to verify this and he confirmed it.

He was to ship the amp to Jim in Greece for repair. That was in October. To my knowledge, the amp still hasn't been shipped to him.

Ed sent me his demo Fatboy as a loaner (this was also delayed about two months). That amp sounded pretty decent... for a while. Now the demo now doesn't function either.

Communication has been terrible, not to mention the other issues.

• Members

Originally posted by Grind Cruncher

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that.

FWIW

I will say that I have gotten to try one of the their amps, and it was one of the best I've ever played through!

That is the sad part about this. I think Jim builds a nice amp. The features are great and the demo sounded pretty damn good. Mine had even more features and was voiced differently. Supposedly, mine sounded way better than the demo.

I could actually hear there was a good amp trying to get out in there but something obviously was wrong in the mids.

I'm not dropping dime on this lightly. I've just been through enough waiting and having money tied up in an amp I haven't seen for months. I was more than patient despite the problems and lack of communication. At this point, Jim is pretty helpless and not in a good position either.

The fact the demo died doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I only played it at band practice as I was leary about gigging it.

I'm screwing myself by this too- obviously my chances of selling the amp now will be pretty poor.

• Members

That is the sad part about this. I think Jim builds a nice amp. The features are great and the demo sounded pretty damn good. Mine had even more features and was voiced differently. Supposedly, mine sounded way better than the demo.

I could actually hear there was a good amp trying to get out in there but something obviously was wrong in the mids.

I'm not dropping dime on this lightly. I've just been through enough waiting and having money tied up in an amp I haven't seen for months. I was more than patient despite the problems and lack of communication. At this point, Jim is pretty helpless and not in a good position either.

The fact the demo died doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. I only played it at band practice as I was leary about gigging it.

I'm screwing myself by this too- obviously my chances of selling the amp now will be pretty poor.

They should give you a full refund with written apology! :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Grind Cruncher

They should give you a full refund with written apology!
:mad:

I'd take it but I don't see it happening. I'll be lucky to see a working amp in the next year. I'll have to check my dates but probably is close to a year I've been dealing with this.

• Members

Yeah, well. I know that you always viewed him somewhat skeptically and your instincts were probably right.

I want to make it clear that this is really more a problem with Ed than the builder. I really feel bad for the builder, Jim, in Greece. He's been totally cool from day one but his hands are kind of tied due to Ed's irresponsibility.

In case you're wondering, the amp had some issues early on. I blew two fuses right off the bat. After changing them for ones of higher value (per Jim's instructions) the amp ran.

Unfortunately I think something in the preamp went bad and it was severely lacking mids. I tried to deal with it for a while and wasn't totally sure if something was wrong or that was how the amp was voiced. After a while it became apparent that there was a problem. I sent it out to Ed to verify this and he confirmed it.

He was to ship the amp to Jim in Greece for repair. That was in October. To my knowledge, the amp still hasn't been shipped to him.

Ed sent me his demo Fatboy as a loaner (this was also delayed about two months). That amp sounded pretty decent... for a while. Now the demo now doesn't function either.

Communication has been terrible, not to mention the other issues.

Dang dude. I think it's time for a refund. It sounds like Ed has gone above and beyond the call of duty, if the job were ball dropping.

Again, sorry to hear it man. That sucks having money tied up in gear that doesn't work properly.

• Members

I would insist on a refund at this point. With both amps failing like that, the odds of another one dying are pretty high.

You're right about screwing yourself, but really, how would you feel selling an amp to somebody, knowing it was probably going to fail? I couldn't do it.

Ed needs to step up and refund your money. Well, first, he needs to respond to you, then...

• Members

He's MIA, again.

I find that disturbing giving the fact that he is on Myspace almost every day. I think he is Dodging Badtoneno and that totally not cool. This thread alone has the potential to kill Telegun amps before they even get started.

• Members

Originally posted by gainfreak

I find that disturbing giving the fact that he is on Myspace almost every day. I think he is Dodging Badtoneno and that totally not cool. This thread alone has the potential to kill Telegun amps before they even get started.

He's on myspace daily? That's just wrong.

What's his myspace url?

• Members

I would insist on a refund at this point. With both amps failing like that, the odds of another one dying are pretty high.

You're right about screwing yourself, but really, how would you feel selling an amp to somebody, knowing it was probably going to fail? I couldn't do it.

Ed needs to step up and refund your money. Well, first, he needs to respond to you, then...

I dont know Ed from a hole in the ground other than this place and the brief time he was at HH during NAMM 05 but First Impressions didnt leave me feeling warm and Fuzzy....

+1 to the refund, that shouldnt Even be an issue...

• Members

I can't believe how many dickheads are on this forum anymore. It used to be a cool place back in the day. In just the last 6 months its gone way downhill.

It has pretty much degraded to amatuer hour at best.....

Sorry to hear about your amp - knowing what it's like to do business with you I can attest you don't deserve to be on the recieving end of any B.S....

On another note - what the hell is going on with the WCR :confused::D

Steve E

• Members
Originally posted by gainfreak

www.myspace.com/telegun

Notice the date that he logged on.

Yep Ralph, this is what put me over the edge! He's on there talking with all kinds of groupie type people holding himself out as VP of Telegun amps when he can't take care of one of the only customers he has.

He's not answering pms on here, emails to the site, emails to myspace and the only phone I had was disconnected a few months ago.

I'm sure we'll get a barage of excuses but I'm tired of hearing them.

Archived