new song recorded! what do you think of the tone/production

freakk guitarist

• Members

well?

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3426542&q=hi

the amp used USED to be a peavey classic 50, my friend/tech tore it a apart and put all of this own mods in, resonance control, changed the gain structure slightly, changed the eq, bias mod. all sorts of stuff. sounds awesome now.

what do you guys think?

• Members

You sing like i wish Ashlee simpson would sing.

as for the riffing...it was top notch.

Could easily be a radio song. Classic 50 proves once again it is a classic (even if you dont really have a classic anymore due to modification madness).

Definately good.

But...... at the end.

that whatever that was at the end.

dude ... SONG WAS OVER.

and then..... you went "bweeeerbb" ...."wooeeyeh"

• Members

Pretty good production and great guitar tone.

It's kind of like instrumental pop rock or something weird like that haha. Neat.

Originally posted by godofmetalguita

bring the drums down a bit, and put some more air in the drums and it will be awesome. It sounds great as is, but from a production standpoint, i think the above mentioned things would help a ton.

I concur with the above points.

• Members

I like the volume of the drums. I think the bass could come up a lot more and I think some of the distorted guitar sounds a bit dry, needs a touch of verb or delay. My biggest request is more of the bass in the mix, after that I think I'd be very happy!

• Members

yeah, there WILL be vocals on this... after this weekend, whenever we can finish the rest of the guitar tracks for the other 4 songs, and then we can start vocals. now i realize, bass needs to come up a few notches. toms down, kick down a LITTLE and snare down a TAD. other then that. i think it might be good, i hate putting reverb on distorted guitar, i hate that it makes it sound distant. or wet, i like dry guitars

• Members

Only use a tiny bit of reverb on distorted guitars. That doesn't make it sound distant, it just gives it a room sound. If you do it right, it makes it sound livlier and bigger, not distant. The guitar tone and overall sound of CDs with distorted guitar and no room sound is owninated by those with room sound. It's also good to throw up a room mic when you record, and blend that in to taste.

• Members
Originally posted by Flinty

I honestly cant believe that is a classic 50. If mine would have sounded like that, I would have never sold it
:D

What guitar are you using?

the guitar on the right side (atleast on my speakers) is a Rickenbacker solid body, on the left is me, with my SG standard. yeah its a classic 50, but my friend totallly gutted it and modded it. look for his amps coming out. Helstrom Amplification, right now hes working on 3 amp models, high gain, mid gain, and a class A combo. so far all his work has totally impressed me, that is the best (once was) classic 50 ive ever heard.

• Members

That is one awesome piece of music, bro. The production is good, I think the drums are fine. I'm listening on studio monitors that give a fairly 98% accurate flat response.

One question -

what in the HECK did that guy do to your amp? What mods? That tone is so sweet. Heavy without being too heavy. :)

edit: btw, what gear did you use to record? Thanks!

Archived