My Ebay nightmare... unbeleivable

bluesboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thanks for the offer of a setup, i appreciate it... i live in pennsylvania though. Maybe ill ship it down without a box lol. The line seems like some kind of settling of the neck... i dunno, it doesn't seem like a big deal. i don't thik you can put a link in feedback. What sucks is both of my negative feedbacks (out of 150+ positives) were total bull{censored}. I'll probably get another from this guy once i leave him one... oh well/. Tomorrow morning im going to clean it and try to set it up my self (i do have some experience). If i can't get it right, ill take to somebody else to do it.

• Members

Originally posted by bluesboy

thanks for the offer of a setup, i appreciate it... i live in pennsylvania though. Maybe ill ship it down without a box lol. The line seems like some kind of settling of the neck... i dunno, it doesn't seem like a big deal. i don't thik you can put a link in feedback. What sucks is both of my negative feedbacks (out of 150+ positives) were total bull{censored}. I'll probably get another from this guy once i leave him one... oh well/. Tomorrow morning im going to clean it and try to set it up my self (i do have some experience). If i can't get it right, ill take to somebody else to do it.

Dude, i have to say that in all honesty, that story, while sucky, does not even come close to a nightmare....So you're out $30. Email or call the guy and tell him he's an asshole and be done with it. Don't leave feedback, or better yet, wait until the deadline is just about to expire...

better yet, post his ebay handle up here for everyone to see.

-Todd A.

• Members

That's irritating. However, I bought a Jackson archtop in 'mint' condition - when I got it, the guitar had dents and chips everywhere. When I asked him about it he said it was "mint to him". A little dirt and setup is no big deal... I've rarely bought ANY guitar that was set up the way I like it. Learn how to do it, it's not hard and will save you a lot of $ and grief in the long run.

pete
(who is currently setting up my guitars for a gig tomorrow night)

• Members

If you want to hear about a nightmare................
NOW SING ALONG EVERYONE.

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful transaction.
That started from this tiny Texan town,
aboard this tiny PC.
The mate was a mighty jammin' man,
the skipper had lots of positive reviews.
Five paypals set sail that day,
for a three hour scam, a three hour scam

• Members
Originally posted by danyeo

NOW SING ALONG EVERYONE.

aboard this tiny PC.

• Members
Originally posted by danyeo

NOW SING ALONG EVERYONE.

aboard this tiny PC.

• Members

The case is sloppy, but the shipping isn;t *that* bad. I normally take a guess, and end up under, so it's me who is out of pocket as a seller.

As for the action, you can't really expect him to refund for a setup, you bought a second hand guitar, that's what happens...

Definently not a nightmare....

• Members

That sucks about the shipping and you did get somewhat burned because he lied. However, why do people insist on paying exorbant amounts for quick deliveries??

"Oh I won this auction today....I'll pay for overnight delivery and it will be here tomorrow."

WRONG

You'll get the guitar when the fat-ass decides to ship it.

Just be patient and take the cheapest route possible....and put more emphasis on making sure the guy is packing it right.

Another thing is, if you expect a guitar you buy through Ebay or anywhere else to be set-up to your liking then I'd stop buying online....it wont' happen.

Stick to Guitar Center or a local shop if that's the case.

In this case, wait until the last possible minute then rape the guy on feedback.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

That sucks about the shipping and you did get somewhat burned because he lied. However, why do people insist on paying exorbant amounts for quick deliveries??

"Oh I won this auction today....I'll pay for overnight delivery and it will be here tomorrow."

WRONG

You'll get the guitar when the fat-ass decides to ship it.

Just be patient and take the cheapest route possible....and put more emphasis on making sure the guy is packing it right.

+1

I normally just pay for the cheapest and safest shipping method possible, and then look forward to anticipation of receiving it. Unless I had an urgent gig or something

• Members

I'd like to know how the guitar was accepted by whomever the carrier was that shipped it?!
I'd be pissed off just because what was told to you turned out to be wrong, misleading and not what you expected.

Obviously the guy whom you bought it from is a scumbag and a low-life for not doing business in the fashion he stated!

I'd leave him negative feedback anyway. {censored} him.:p

• Members

quote:Originally posted by bluesboy
JAm i over-reacting?

Originally posted by GCDEF

I think so. No box sucks, but he quoted you a shipping rate and you agreed to it and paid it. Fedex shipping costs about $20 including insurance by the way. It's pretty much a given that a guitar is going to need a set up. I wouldn't bitch about that. I'd expect it.

Sound more like a minor annoyance than a nightmare compared to some of the ebay stories floating around. At least you didn't get ripped off. A good set up and a squirt of pledge and you'll have forgotten all about it.

I agree that there are far worse ebay nightmare/stories floating around, but I don't think he's over-reacting.

When you state certain details in the description of your item, and also email the buyer stating it will be "polished" and boxed up correctly I fully expect the seller to follow through. Letting {censored} like this go just encourages the seller to continue to not take care when selling an item on ebay.

I take a bit of pride when selling or buying something on ebay, and always do my best to communicate well and be honest about the condition of the item. I also over pack the item for shipping. The last thing I want is a dispute. This seller should refund him the $$$ for shipping and at least split the cost of a setup on the guitar,...I would have been pissed too.

• Members

Originally posted by C-4

I'd like to know how the guitar was accepted by whomever the carrier was that shipped it?!

US Mail or USPS will accept any kind of wacky-ass wrapped package.....I usually don't ship guitars or large items through them but they certainly will accept a case wrapped in friggin tape.

If this fart-blossom would have taken that abortion over to UPS they would have told him to get lost....they will not accept that kind of {censored} because they know the package is going to take a beating...even if it's double boxed. I believe FedEx is the same way.

• Members

$93 to ship a guitar from Atlanta to Pennsylvania is ridiculous. I live in Cincinnati and shipped a guitar to Detroit for $18 through FedEx...shipped on Monday and the guy had the instrument by the end of the week.

So yeah, he took you to the cleaners on the shipping. I'd ask him to give you the $30 back....

I think it's a pretty high expectation for a guitar to be set up when you buy through Ebay or another online vendor...unless the seller mentions it in the auction. Think about it...would you honestly take your guitar to a repair shop, drop $30 on a setup only to sell the guitar a couple days later? To be quite honest, I wouldn't.

• Members

Originally posted by Cibyl

quote:Originally posted by bluesboy

JAm i over-reacting?

I agree that there are far worse ebay nightmare/stories floating around, but I don't think he's over-reacting.

When you state certain details in the description of your item, and also email the buyer stating it will be "polished" and boxed up correctly I fully expect the seller to follow through. Letting {censored} like this go just encourages the seller to continue to not take care when selling an item on ebay.

I take a bit of pride when selling or buying something on ebay, and always do my best to communicate well and be honest about the condition of the item. I also over pack the item for shipping. The last thing I want is a dispute. This seller should refund him the $$$ for shipping and at least split the cost of a setup on the guitar,...I would have been pissed too.

yeah, ive already said that i was venting and that maybe nightmare is kind of a strong word. It still sucks though... and i take major pride in the stuff i sell on ebay, and what i say i try my best to follow through on. I usually throw in some extra goodies for people as well. And for those knocking me for buying guitars online and expecting them to play nice... This is not the first guitar i've bought online. I've bought probably 15 guitars on ebay/online stores, and I've NEVER had a problem... maybe i was just {censored} lucky...

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

US Mail or USPS will accept any kind of wacky-ass wrapped package.....I usually don't ship guitars or large items through them but they certainly will accept a case wrapped in friggin tape.

If this fart-blossom would have taken that abortion over to UPS they would have told him to get lost....they will not accept that kind of {censored} because they know the package is going to take a beating...even if it's double boxed. I believe FedEx is the same way.

"Fart-blossom",........quite possibly one of the funniest terms for referring to a {censored} up that I've ever heard.

Archived