Good, Multi timbrel rack mount Rompler

augerinn

• Members

A guitarist and myself started jamming as lof late and I'll need passable bass+drums+stuff to practice to.

I've done the JV series thing. Sold them off to buy the Juno-G, which I sold off cuz I didn't like the keybed.

So now, the only thing left in my collection to do backing tracks is my antiquated QS+ Piano.

I guess I could use the Wavestation too, but haven't figured out how to easily create Combis on that thing.

I want to spend 300 or less. As I said, I've done the JV series and wasn't that enamored.

It's down to probably the Korg TR Rack. That or a Roland XV-5050.

Anything else I'm not thinking of ? I'm open to a Yamaha, but Motif racks start at 600, even for the original edition.

Kurz K2000 rack maybe ? Don't think I could get a K2500R for that price...

• Members

Kurzweil 1000PX piano, strings, organs, horns, basses, vibes, flutes, drums

Kurzweil 1000SX strings, violins, french horns, flutes

Kurzweil 1000HX horns, saxes, trumpets

Kurzweil 1000GX guitars, basses

Kurzweil 1000AX = HX+SX

There are other 1000 boxes, I don't remember off the top of my head their sounds.

These preceded the K2000 and are largely the same sounds less digital FX. They can be found for a few hundred bucks or less.

• Members

I pulled the trigger on the Proteus 2000. $122.50 plus shipping. Not a bad deal.

I've flipped 3 or 4 of 'em, and always was impressed. Plus, my rack now has an EMU product.

Nice -- the Vintage and World ROMs are simply outstanding, and I haven't tried them yet, but the Rob Papen ROMs get high marks from everybody (although the sounds in those have likely been done to death a few times over by now).

The mod matrix on these things is amazing.

• Members

What the hell.

I just pulled the trigger on a Korg TR Rack, too. $200.00, shipped.

Been wanting one of those for a while. I should have all the Rompler I need now. Oh, and the TR Rack has Monster Lead, which, with a little tweaking, becomes Derek Shernians Monster Lead !!!!

Archived