10,000 dollar computer on ebay

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Sheesh... $10,000? Build it yourself and you can get a slightly lesser machine (and get rid of the unnecessary accessories) that'll be nearly as good.

Originally posted by freakk guitarist

what is SLI?

Scalable Link Interface. Use two graphic cards in the same machine, in an ideal environment you get much more available processing power for graphics. Need identical graphics cards for it.

Edit: Beaten. :mad:

• Members

Lol look at this:

Please Note Payment is expected before I work on your computer. Computer will be three to four weeks being built, that allows me to assemble it, test it and ship it to you. If you want a computer for Christmas order it today. Each computer is assembled by hand and all the parts will be as specified or better.

Oh my...so is the cost all the labor it takes to build this computer? Imagine that, three to four weeks! Who'd a thunk it took that long to stick those extra RAM sticks in there! :rolleyes:

And all the parts will be as specified or better...neat, you could end up with anything he claims is "better." :eek:

Originally posted by code_blue

19" screen?

:rolleyes:

Oh, so that's where the other $7k goes! :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Lol look at this:

Oh my...so is the cost all the labor it takes to build this computer? Imagine that, three to four weeks! Who'd a thunk it took that long to stick those extra RAM sticks in there!
:rolleyes:

I was thinkin it was about how long it would take for him to get his $4,000 Alienware and change out the case for re-shipping... but who knows...

I've seen computers with dual 7800 gtx's with the 512mb's of DDR3 onboard, along with water cooling and crazy extra stuff for just shy of 4 grand... I could probably build this one for 2700 or so if you don't count the monitor and such

• Members
Originally posted by Inearthed

Sheesh... $10,000? Build it yourself and you can get a slightly lesser machine (and get rid of the unnecessary accessories) that'll be nearly as good.

Scalable Link Interface. Use two graphic cards in the same machine, in an ideal environment you get much more available processing power for graphics. Need identical graphics cards for it.

Edit: Beaten.
:mad:

Both wrong.

Scan Line interleave/interlacing. Back in the days of voodoo2. nVidia is a bitch sometime and just hopped on the 3dfx fanboy wagon from the glory days.

Even then the performance isn't nearly worth the cost.

If you spend more than 2200 on a PC you are probably wasting money on 2% gains that will be half the price in 3 months.

• Members
Originally posted by MasterOfSolos

Indeed. The 3dfx guys helped them design the Nvidia Geforce FX line apparently
:o

yeah old news. I am just saying they are using that to get them to buy it. The performance gains are still minimal when you compare the price and performance, and the speed at which graphics evolves. The 3dfx guys are also mainly responsible for the New SLI also... remember how they were the ones who pioneered the technology? I think dual core graphics cards would be better and cheaper. They can do it, just look at the old rage fury maxx, and voodoo 5s (5500 and 6500 for that matter)

• Members

WTF, I didn't even spend close to 10 grand on my new G5 with 8 gigs of ram, a Terabyte or HD, software, monitors, printer, network gear.... I don't know how fast that chip is, but, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have much on the quadcore g5, and that machine is not going to outperform one enough to be worth the premium. :confused:

I guess he is looking for someone with more money then brains.... I'm sure it will work out great for him. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Vendor Defendor

Windows XP x64 is horrible. I had it on my computer for a grand total of 10 minutes. Nothing worked. Sure was fast though.

Win XP Professional 64-bit is anything but horrible EXCEPT for it's DRIVERS. The kernal and everything else except the drivers are straight from the Services Pack 2 release, ported straight to 64-bit. When all the drivers from all the manufacturers to support all the mainstream periphials are there, it will be a godsend. All the reviews I have read on it indeed say it is blazing fast, especially with games, loading times on a AMD 64-bit processor.(and not so surprsingly little to zero gain on a Intel EMT64 processor)

For $10,000 that computer better have EFFIN QUAD SLI like that new highend Dell XPS model has! Whatta racket computer hardware has become over the past few years, especially with video cards... icon13.gif:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by sumasmreq

Both wrong.

Scan Line interleave/interlacing. Back in the days of voodoo2. nVidia is a bitch sometime and just hopped on the 3dfx fanboy wagon from the glory days.

Even then the performance isn't nearly worth the cost.

If you spend more than 2200 on a PC you are probably wasting money on 2% gains that will be half the price in 3 months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Link_Interface

"An initial version of this technology (called Scan Line Interleave) was introduced by 3dfx in 1998 and used in the Voodoo 2 line of graphics accelerators. NVIDIA Corporation reintroduced the technology in 2004, and intends for it to be used in modern computer systems based on the PCI Express bus."

• Members

Well, when I had to reformat a couple weeks ago I put it on there and was really amazed about how fast it loaded. Everything on windows seemed to be twice as fast (duh) but I wasn't really expecting to see it be as fast as it was.

Then thats when the joy stopped. I started to load my drivers (like you were saying) and nothing worked. I couldn't load my sound card, my network adapter, guitar port etc all didn't work. At that point I said screw this and went back to 32.

Oh well, hopfully software/hardware will start coming out soon that can make these things work with x64. I'd love to go back to it but I also would like to keep most of the things I have in my computer working.

From what I understand though most of the software/hardware comapies aren't concerned about x64 at this time because they are waiting for the next version to come out. It was supposed to be out this year now it looks like late next year. My g/f's dad has a beta copy.

Archived