10,000 dollar computer on ebay

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Vendor, you should have looked for new drivers. They do exist.

A lot of companies didn't support it, because for a VERY long time, there were only the Athlon 64s. Now Intel and AMD both have full 64 bit processors.

Of course, those hit the scene about the time the new M$ OS was supposed to, so that throws it off even more. :(

Originally posted by begin_etienne

Any games compiled in 64 ?

The OS may be running faster, but how could that affect a game ?

Because then there are more resources to direct towards the game? That part should be obvious to you, as you just said it yourself.

Then there's the fact that 64 bit processing runs multiple programs much more efficiently.

The game doesn't have to be 64 bit. That would likely be a huge benefit, but it's not NECESSARY just to receive any at all. The deal is that the OS is 64 bit, which allows your comp to take greater advantage of a 64 bit-capable processor.

• Members
Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Vendor, you should have looked for new drivers. They do exist.

A lot of companies didn't support it, because for a VERY long time, there were only the Athlon 64s. Now Intel and AMD both have full 64 bit processors.

Of course, those hit the scene about the time the new M$ OS was supposed to, so that throws it off even more.
:(

yeah, I tryed looking and couldn't find those big three so gave up (network, guitarport and sound card) maybe they are available now? I don't know but it'd be nice. From my short preview I liked x64 but... I don't want to have to buy ALL new hard ware to support it. Maybe if I can find the new drivers I'll try it again, or maybe one day I'll get another hard drive and put x64 on that one.

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

The game doesn't have to be 64 bit. That would likely be a huge benefit, but it's not NECESSARY just to receive any at all. The deal is that the OS is 64 bit, which allows your comp to take greater advantage of a 64 bit-capable processor.

I always thought that 32bit apps would run slower with a 64bit CPU (compared to a 32bit CPU), much like the RISK processors when they came out years ago.

Maybe the performance decrease is compensated by the benifits of having a 64bit OS 9 as you mentioned.

Etienne.

Archived