first clip with a Pod XT! METAL!!!

soc_monki

• Members
Originally posted by Mrmot

rhythm tone is really good, and pleaying is excellent.. only thing is the solo tone which sounds like a dist pedal direct to board

but nonetheless,
:thu:

like i said in an earlier post...that was the 800 model, drive cranked, as well as boosting it with a tubescreamer with the level cranked, gain off. it was WAY too buzzy, but i didnt feel like messing with the lead tone after all the tweaking i did to get the rhythm tones decent :)

Clip was very cool, great playing! Now, what is a Bodom?

Children of Bodom :)that pickups all about the balls, baby..lol

it is, but it can do some nice cleans as well :) and cleans up really nice with the volume knob...i do love the distorted tone though...very middy, crunchy and pretty thick, yet tight on the low end, and no shreiking highs. glad i got it from you, an it was a steal! :)

I dig that tone bro! makes me want a pod....think im one of the few on this board who has yet to own some type of pod....

hell, i still dont own one...this is a buddy's! :) but when my tax refund gets in (gotta check on that...) im getting my own :) already have the patches saved and ready for transfer! LOL i really dig the Recto model, and the 800 on this thing. im getting some really cool Zakk-like tones out of the 800, boosting it with the Classic Dist (Rat)...kinda like No Rest for the Wicked crossed with No More Tears. and the SLO model is great as well.

• Members
Originally posted by soc_monki

like i said in an earlier post...that was the 800 model, drive cranked, as well as boosting it with a tubescreamer with the level cranked, gain off. it was WAY too buzzy, but i didnt feel like messing with the lead tone after all the tweaking i did to get the rhythm tones decent
:)

Clip was very cool, great playing! Now, what is a Bodom?

Children of Bodom
that pickups all about the balls, baby..lol

it is, but it can do some nice cleans as well
and cleans up really nice with the volume knob...i do love the distorted tone though...very middy, crunchy and pretty thick, yet tight on the low end, and no shreiking highs. glad i got it from you, an it was a steal!

I dig that tone bro! makes me want a pod....think im one of the few on this board who has yet to own some type of pod....

hell, i still dont own one...this is a buddy's!
but when my tax refund gets in (gotta check on that...) im getting my own
already have the patches saved and ready for transfer! LOL i really dig the Recto model, and the 800 on this thing. im getting some really cool Zakk-like tones out of the 800, boosting it with the Classic Dist (Rat)...kinda like No Rest for the Wicked crossed with No More Tears. and the SLO model is great as well.

that's me..always losin' my shirt on used gear..lol

• Members
Originally posted by matt_v

And the Powerball has the most gain out of anything on the PODxt (I'd say it ties Insane).

Mmmkay basically every single model reaches unusable amounts of gain, even the freaking AC30. On the lowest setting, I think there is already too much fizziness on the PB model, and it sure as hell isn't tight. Sorry, but I just can't see how saying that one of the models on the Pod having the most gain could be a good thing. To each his own, but that seriously sounds more like a joke. :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Mmmkay basically every single model reaches unusable amounts of gain, even the freaking AC30. On the lowest setting, I think there is already too much fizziness on the PB model, and it sure as hell isn't tight. Sorry, but I just can't see how saying that one of the models on the Pod having the most gain could be a good thing. To each his own, but that seriously sounds more like a joke.
:freak:

To some people, gain is a synonym for "goodness."

Archived