sot: LEts Talk ESP GUitars

Kyle DiSanto

• Members

I have been thinking about getting an ESP for some time now. I love my JAckson usa KING V, but I find that the V kidna gets in the way of my playing sometimes(if you own a V you know what I mean). I have been thinking of the LTD MH-400...it looks really nice. The Thing is that its like 700$ New and a used Jackson Soloist is gunan be prob 1,200$ used...so It kinda puts me in a slump.

SO Tell me about these ESP GUITARS!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Esp : I've only had a EC-1000. Very good components, light, some cosmetic flaws, cheap mahagony ( lighter ) but still good wood. The Neck really feels good. The EC-1000 is a "high speed shredder" les paul.
Overall the feeling I had after playing this guitar : amazing components, above average korean quality, Not perfect but classy and defintaly a player!

• Members

Originally posted by Kesa

You'll never go wrong with it. they are awesome guitars for the money. ask any ESP owner and they will tell you the same.

+1

I have an H-207 7 string, awesome guitar for the price. The stock Duncan Designed pickups weren't quite up to par for me though, so I switched the bridge pickup out with a Duncan Custom 7. Not too shabby.

• Members

I had two a Camo Viper and an Eclipse VTB-II

I didn't like them too much, so sold both of them. They just feel kinda toy/plastic and I never really cared for EMG's too though that can be fixed.

The balance of the viper was horrid and the Eclipse had bad upper fret access just like any LP type.

Overall the quality was nice especially the fretboards are very nice, but I like my DEANs way better.

• Members

Originally posted by ROTINPAIN

I have been thinking about getting an ESP for some time now. I love my JAckson usa KING V, but I find that the V kidna gets in the way of my playing sometimes(if you own a V you know what I mean). I have been thinking of the LTD MH-400...it looks really nice. The Thing is that its like 700$ New and a used Jackson Soloist is gunan be prob 1,200$ used...so It kinda puts me in a slump.

SO Tell me about these ESP GUITARS!

LTD MH-400 is an excellent guitar. Your pricing on Used Jackson Soloists is off though. I got my SL2H-MAH for $750 used. If you don't mind one that has a couple dings, they definitely rule.

I'd go for a used LTD MH-400 and save even more cash and probably get a case with it too.

Archived