What Is Wrong With The Power In My Practice Room????

flaming turd

• Members

You are collectively as a band drawing more electrical current (amperage) than the room is able to provide. Have an licensed electrician evaluate your room. There are a few factors that go into how cheap (or expensive) it can be to rectify the problem.

If money is a real factor then as a group simply turn down the volume. Your bass player will most likely be the person in the band to draw the most current assuming of course he/she is using a big bass amp. It takes a lot more current to amplify lower notes than higher ones.

• Members
Originally posted by pezguy

You are collectively as a band drawing more electrical current (amperage) than the room is able to provide. Have an licensed electrician evaluate your room. There are a few factors that go into how cheap (or expensive) it can be to rectify the problem.

If money is a real factor then as a group simply turn down the volume. Your bass player will most likely be the person in the band to draw the most current assuming of course he/she is using a big bass amp. It takes a lot more current to amplify lower notes than higher ones.

great. :( we don't even have a bass player yet.:mad:

any ballpark of cost?

• Members

Originally posted by flaming turd

really? we have a small fridge in there.

Could be worth looking at then. Fridges have a thermostat and turn themselves on when the temperature rises then turn themselves off again when it drops. It could be the culprit!

• Members

Originally posted by walfordr

Could be worth looking at then. Fridges have a thermostat and turn themselves on when the temperature rises then turn themselves off again when it drops. It could be the culprit!

yeah, but it's pretty frequent, every few seconds sometimes. then again, i didn't notice it when it was colder...

• Members

Originally posted by flaming turd

yeah, but it's pretty frequent, every few seconds sometimes. then again, i didn't notice it when it was colder...

Yep, they can do it frequently - it's the way they maintain the temperature inside reasonably constant.

• Members

My band practices in an old barn that was converted into about 20 jam rooms. The power is horrible in there, definately not up to code. I ended up buying a Furman AR 1215 power regulator and now my gear gets 120 volts no matter what is going on in the room. I would highly recommend getting one. Its amazing how different an amp can sound at different voltages.

• Members

Originally posted by xSPARKYx

My band practices in an old barn that was converted into about 20 jam rooms. The power is horrible in there, definately not up to code. I ended up buying a Furman AR 1215 power regulator and now my gear gets 120 volts no matter what is going on in the room. I would highly recommend getting one. Its amazing how different an amp can sound at different voltages.

thought about that, thought they were more than that. i guess i could swing that...

Archived