"Some of these had notoriously sensitive necks..."

ratter

• Members

"The guitar is very light and easy to play. It weighs just over 7 pounds. I have a 1992 that is about 8.25 pounds! This one actually has better resonance too. It's hard to explain but it just sounds better than my 1992".

LOL... So , he's selling the best one and keeping the '92 that's heavier and has less tone??
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

BS!

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

Sorry, but that wouldn't do anything to the neck. I really have no idea where the myth that guitars are some super fragile things started.

Leave the neck like that without strings... with a truss rod not loosened and see what happens.

• Members

Originally posted by SQUAREHEAD

Leave the neck like that without strings... with a truss rod not loosened and see what happens.

I've done it. Just put strings back on it and let it set for about an hour, and it will be fine.

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

It could be his camera. Some have problems reproducing red colors properly.

True... but it looks real plain doesn't it!!

You would think he'd try and get a few good angles

to show off the grain a bit better!

Keith

• Members

And yeah, my post was more about the irony of the situation than whether or not anything bad would actually happen from having the strings off. The top looks decently figured in that pic of just the body. But they don't/didn't double-stain the tops like Suhr/Anderson/McNaught/etc do to really make the grain pop.

• Members

Originally posted by ratter

And yeah, my post was more about the irony of the situation than whether or not anything bad would actually happen from having the strings off. The top looks decently figured in that pic of just the body. But they don't/didn't double-stain the tops like Suhr/Anderson/McNaught/etc do to really make the grain pop.

You're right, Mike!!

I always wondered why mine didn't look like my GMW which POPS OUT and looks 3 miles deep!

I just pulled out mine and it's not nearly as "glossy" finish as the GMW.

• Members

You're right, Mike!!

I always wondered why mine didn't look like my GMW which POPS OUT and looks 3 miles deep!

I just pulled out mine and it's not nearly as "glossy" finish as the GMW.

What color is yours?

• Members

True... but it looks real plain doesn't it!!

You would think he'd try and get a few good angles

to show off the grain a bit better!

Keith

Aye. Photography doesn't seem to be one of his strong points though, consider the cropping of the pics.

• Members

Every piece of wood will react differently. But I always heard if you leave the neck sit a long time without string tension, you should loosen the rod. Back bow can occur "if" the wood wants to pull that way. It can also go twisty. I don't think anyone can really predict.

I have to readjust my tele neck everytime the humidity changes. It moves a lot. But has no finish on it, just some sealer.

• Members

Originally posted by buddastrat

Every piece of wood will react differently. But I always heard if you leave the neck sit a long time without string tension, you should loosen the rod. Back bow can occur "if" the wood wants to pull that way. It can also go twisty. I don't think anyone can really predict.

I have to readjust my tele neck everytime the humidity changes. It moves a lot. But has no finish on it, just some sealer.

I know... I've seen some horrible messes because of just that. It "can" twist and warp in such a way that it will NEVER get back to being right on when restrung!

keith

Archived