Fender Tonemaster 4x12 cabs...any good?

rog951

• Members

Heres the supersonic cab. Its been years since I've played a Tone Master so I dont remember all the details, except that they were very similar, but are they really? Can you guys in the know verify this?

Here are the specs and pic.

2161400400_xl.jpg Model Name Super-Sonic

• Members

Originally posted by potaetoes

they're identical to the tonemaster cabs.

it's just four V30s, the "75-watt" thing is an error. 240w total power handling is correct.

cool ty, I'm really loving this cab, it sounds fantastic... contemplating getting another when I get another head:)

• Members

Pretty sure that 4 V30s were standard, but there might've been other configurations available? Hell, now I'm more confused because every picture I found online of a tonemaster cab is blonde with oxblood cloth. The one I'm looking into is the usual Fender black/silver. Anyone know if they made these cabs like that? I'm wondeing if it might not be a Tonemaster afterall...

• Members

Originally posted by rog951

Pretty sure that 4 V30s were standard, but there might've been other configurations available? Hell, now I'm more confused because every picture I found online of a tonemaster cab is blonde with oxblood cloth. The one I'm looking into is the usual Fender black/silver. Anyone know if they made these cabs like that? I'm wondeing if it might not be a Tonemaster afterall...

yes, i had a black/silver one. they also made red/black, and green lizard/black to go with the prosonics of the same colors.

• Members

yes, i had a black/silver one. they also made red/black, and green lizard/black to go with the prosonics of the same colors.

Okay, cool. thanks for the info! BTW, what do you guys think a fair price would be for a well-used TM 4x12 cab?

• Members

well, i bought a near-mint one for $300 a couple years ago... then traded it for a mesa studio 22+ combo that sold quickly for $450... so $300-450, minus some to match wear and tear.

Great, that sounds just about like what I expected! Thanks!

• Members

btw the casters suck. when they're new, they're pop-out casters. when they're older, they evolve into "fall out at the worst possible moment" casters.

Hahaha. Good to know, although I'm hoping this beast will be staying put in my basement! Too damn heavy to transport! With any luck, the casters will never leave the floor again.

• Members

Welp, I just picked up the cab. Jeeze! It weighs a ton! Nice shape though, no tolex damage at all. I'm surprised by how "not beat up" it is, actually. Hope it sounds as nice as it looks.

$200
:thu:

That's a great deal! I haven't played one in years but I remember those heads sounding great too.

• Members

Welp, I just picked up the cab. Jeeze! It weighs a ton! Nice shape though, no tolex damage at all. I'm surprised by how "not beat up" it is, actually. Hope it sounds as nice as it looks.

$200
:thu:

that's a great price... just the speakers are worth that.

Archived