Weekend Score !!!

augerinn

• Members

I was volunteering Saturday and browsing Craigslist when I saw an ad for an ESQ-1 not 5 miles from me.

Stopped by and checked it out, and bought it for $65.00 !!!!! It's the plastic one, it needs 2 keys, and a battery. It cleaned up REAL nice......Will post pics later this week.

Also, the guy threw in a TG-77 for another 115.00. Total deal was 180. The TG-77 may be the 1st FM synth I've ever REALLY liked.

So, now, I'll prolly be putting up the TX-81Z for sale. Maybe the Proteus 2K too....

• Members

Update.

Caps, Battery and replacement keys for the ESQ-1 arrived and have been installed. I noticed a couple of things:

1. It's OS 3.50, the latest

2. It has the sequencer expansion cartridge installed

So, now I'm the proud owner of a fully functional, restored, ESQ-1 with the latest OS and expansions installed. She should be good for another couple of decades now.....

Still waiting on the damm backlight for the TG from telesis....

• Members

'ya know what though Mediteranean ? It get's easier as you get some experience. The ESQ-1 was all on the fly. No pics taken, no schematics referenced. True, it's a fairly easy synth to work on. Still, I did a complete overhaul on my quadrasynth last week, and it was all just remembering where things go. And, I'll be doing the Juno-2 finally, also.

Thanks for the congrats. I feel WAYYYY more comfortable messing around with a 100 dollar synth than a 1000 dollar one. I also don't worry about it breaking down as much as I did my Junos. I was literally afraid to use my old Juno 60s.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived