Another Plexi Clip...(Saraceno content)

ratter

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ratter

Where'd you install the Rich mod? Speaker jack?

Yeah. I figured that 1) I'd probably never use a full stack 2) I have a Hotplate and I use that in conjunction with the Rich Mod and that has 2 outs.

Either way. It's very easy to do. They only thing I'd do is change the bias splitter resistors from 220k to either 440k or 470k. With the higher value, when the Rich Mod is dimed, the values will be stock. 440k is closer to stock, but 470k is within tolerances.

• Members

the fizzy thing sounds at least to me like it's hotplate induced, because i get the exact same fizz when my hotplate is cranked down.

so when ed d. does those comparison clips, i'm always suprised he can mask that artifact so well, because it has to be there for him too.

but as long as the mic doesn't pick it up, either by moving off cone some or who knows, it does the job well.

• Members

Originally posted by mentoneman

the fizzy thing sounds at least to me like it's hotplate induced, because i get the exact same fizz when my hotplate is cranked down.

so when ed d. does those comparison clips, i'm always suprised he can mask that artifact so well, because it has to be there for him too.

but as long as the mic doesn't pick it up, either by moving off cone some or who knows, it does the job well.

There might be a mic spot that will mask it a bit, but I haven't found it yet....

• Members

Originally posted by LOCO5150

Nice tone man, that's pretty sick if you ask me.

It's amazing to me how you can get a nice clean sound from that amp and then dial in a solid rock tone.

Keep the clips coming man!!

Thanks man I appreciate it. I might swap in some lower-output pickups in the guitar to allow for a better clean when rolling off the guitar volume than I got at the end of this clip....I've got a set that's more PAFish that I could put in. These pickups in here now are super hot. And I gotta find my other mic cable so I can start to approach vlad quality!!

Archived