Another Plexi Clip...(Saraceno content)

ratter

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fudge if I know. Peacemaker channels are internally jumpered, yeah? And it has two mid controls? I was messing with jumpering today and still just prefer the single high input. There's a lot of fizzy/fuzziness that I need to get rid of. I'm wondering if the stock power tubes and/or bias are to blame. I need to save some pennies and buy a bias-rite...but I'm having tons of fun playing the EVH guitar -> echoplex -> amp right now...

• Members

Originally posted by PhilBelanger

Yup, that's why I didn't buy it. I intend on building one instead.

BTW the salesguy was most impressed by the Hotplate, his words: "I want one"

Cool. If I had any electronics aptitude whatsoever, I'd probably do the same.

My only problem with the hotplate is that with the amp dimed, -16 is still pretty loud! :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by rectifier

i think i just jizzed my shorts....man i love that tone and saraceno is one of my fav's.......good job
:thu:
:thu:

Thanks! Yeah, I love Blues. I feel bad for hamming up his licks. But only a little. :D

• Members

Originally posted by rectifier

damn.. i forgot to ask.. you said evh guitar was used?...you talking about the new charvel or the wolfie?

It's the old Ernie Ball model, before he switched to Peavey...

• Members

Originally posted by sah5150

Boy... that sounds sweet! Rich and thick and full of character... Nice. Playing is hella sweet too...

Steve

Thanks man!

Hey, I posted a thread a while back and I don't know if you caught it...

That 4x12 sized iso box you use, it comes apart, yeah? How are the joints held together and sealed when it's assembled? I'm thinking that I need something similar and I'm trying to decide whether to save my pennies or DIY it....

• Members

Originally posted by ratter

Hey, I posted a thread a while back and I don't know if you caught it...

That 4x12 sized iso box you use, it comes apart, yeah? How are the joints held together and sealed when it's assembled? I'm thinking that I need something similar and I'm trying to decide whether to save my pennies or DIY it....

Sorry bro - didn't catch it... So, yeah, the iso box comes apart EASY. Very cool idea. What they did was, put metal guides in the base and the sides and everything just slide together and you use these velcro strips to seal it. Works unreal! I can take the side off and roll my cab out and leave the rest of the box intact. It is very solid when assembled and it is very quick to take completely apart and move...

Steve

• Members

Originally posted by sah5150

Sorry bro - didn't catch it... So, yeah, the iso box comes apart EASY. Very cool idea. What they did was, put metal guides in the base and the sides and everything just slide together and you use these velcro strips to seal it. Works unreal! I can take the side off and roll my cab out and leave the rest of the box intact. It is very solid when assembled and it is very quick to take completely apart and move...

Steve

Well {censored}, I'm glad I asked because I never would have guessed that! How heavy would you say the whole box is and how thick are the sides? (Wondering if flat-out mass is their key to keeping the volume down...)

Archived