I'm so pissed off right now..

Tomkeen

• Members

Thats great news! Glad to hear its working fine now. Actually, you can look at this as a positive.

You probably wouldnt have of cracked it open and cleaned it without an issue to begin with. It sounds like it was more of something being loose that reset itself when your were going through the cleaning. You gained a little troubleshooting knowledge as well for future reference!

• Members
Thats great news! Glad to hear it working fine now. Actually, you can look at this as a positive.

You probably wouldnt have of cracked it open and cleaned it without an issue to begin with. It sounds like it was more of something loose being loose that reset itself when your were going through the cleaning. You gained a little troubleshooting knowledge as well for future reference!

That's true indeed. I never really opened a synth/keyboard before, but I'm glad I did now. (I did once try to open my X-station, but couldn't get the case off :facepalm:)

• Members

i find calling the seller up in a friendly but frank way helps.

most people are good at heart and aren't trying to screw others.

let him know your issue and ask if he's had any experiences like that while he owned it. if he says he hasn't then you just have bad luck. but if he admits to having a similar issue you might try talking him into giving you some of your money back, or at the very least help fix it.

just remember he's not entitled to help you... so you have to appeal to his good nature (if he has any).

Good advise, the seller may have had the same issue in the past and not advised, electronics at time have intermittent issues and I would assume the guy might have known that especially if it has been repaired before in past, did you get it on a serious discount from him?

Some people are not always honest enough to give full disclosure, that is the issue with used gear, I would call him and at least inquire, he may have a conscious if he knew of the issue and did not disclose..... It wont hurt to check with him..... just for your own knowledge, find out what issues it had in the past at least so you are aware since now you own it.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I know this is a late reply but just read your post and wanted to add a few words. Just because the machine worked when you first got it DOESN'T mean it didn't have a problem. Many times things have intermittent problems. They might work a few minutes or even hours then stop then work again. I once bought an open-box computer at Best Buy and they tested it to make sure it was working. I took home and turned it on and it kept freezing. So I took it back and they were surprised since it was working just minutes ago. So I picked another one (also an open box) and they tested it too and it was working normal. So took it home and turned it on, and....blue screen or something. I couldn't believe it. I took it back and they too couldn't believe it. They hooked it up and found the hardrive was toast.

Some problems take time to appear. People sell their cars knowing they have problems but either hope they wont show right away or know the problem only appears after the car has been driven for a while for example.

I have no doubt in my mind that this guy knew about the problem. Proof, the thing had been fixed once but he never mentioned it to you. It is hard to believe this problem just happened just like that. Lots of dishonest people out there. I don't care if he's the friendliest guy on the planet. Most car salesmen are very friendly too, but you know they're the most dishonest people ever. I'd tell this guy about the sticker you found inside the machine just to let him know so he might be a little embarassed he's been caught.

That's why when it comes to electronics, I believe new is the best way unless you cannot afford the price, but then you're taking your chances.

• Members
I know this is a late reply but just read your post and wanted to add a few words. Just because the machine worked when you first got it DOESN'T mean it didn't have a problem. Many times things have intermittent problems. They might work a few minutes or even hours then stop then work again. I once bought an open-box computer at Best Buy and they tested it to make sure it was working. I took home and turned it on and it kept freezing. So I took it back and they were surprised since it was working just minutes ago. So I picked another one (also an open box) and they tested it too and it was working normal. So took it home and turned it on, and....blue screen or something. I couldn't believe it. I took it back and they too couldn't believe it. They hooked it up and found the hardrive was toast.

Some problems take time to appear. People sell their cars knowing they have problems but either hope they wont show right away or know the problem only appears after the car has been driven for a while for example.

I have no doubt in my mind that this guy knew about the problem. Proof, the thing had been fixed once but he never mentioned it to you. It is hard to believe this problem just happened just like that. Lots of dishonest people out there. I don't care if he's the friendliest guy on the planet. Most car salesmen are very friendly too, but you know they're the most dishonest people ever. I'd tell this guy about the sticker you found inside the machine just to let him know so he might be a little embarassed he's been caught.

That's why when it comes to electronics, I believe new is the best way unless you cannot afford the price, but then you're taking your chances.

Thanks for your reply :).

I have mixed feelings about this, and I'm just taking the easy way out here. I don't want to bother the guy with it, even if he knew about the problems. If that's the case, then he's just an asshole and he knows it too.

I've decided to get it fixed anyway, have the power supply changed, the master volume pot is not 100% functional (at some places the volume just drops away, at other places it makes the sound clip etc) and the fast/slow button doesn't work properly. I do like the sound however, and might add a neo instruments ventilator in a few months, so I'm not going to sell it. I do think it's worth the money I got it for, even with those issues.

• Members

I missed Ethel.

:(

I've loved that viddy for a few years now. :mad:CURSE YOU, WMG!! :mad:Whoever you are. Nobody owns ETHEL!

That vid's from an old movie called Bathing Beauty, with Esther Williams & Red Skelton. I'm gonna buy it.

Ethel Smith can be viewed on other youtubes, but that one's the best. I don't know what it is about her, maybe it's just that I'm a sucker for a sharp dressed gal. I really like how she 'pumps' out the bass! :D

Oh, and sorry about your trouble, Tomkeen!

Archived