The Mesa/Boogie Mob! Join!!

DarkIntension

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by DarkIntension

How can I hook up a MIDI switcher to my DC-5? What do I need? I was going to look into into the Behringer MIDI controller, do I need a G Major?

Hi DarkIntension,

I don't know if your question was directed to me. Nevertheless, check out the second post in the F-series Lounge, and the G-Major tips thread (links in my sig) for more on integrating Boogies with both the Behringer FCB1010, and the G-Major.

I had a quick look at the DC-5 manual and it looks as if it will be straight forward. You'll need either a stereo 1/4" to 1/4" cable, or a Y-cable (aka Insert cable) depending on whether you go for the G-Major or the Behringer.

The DC-5 seems to have three footswitchable functions (Channel select, EQ and Reverb). The Behringer can only switch 2 functions, and similarly the G-Major can only switch 2 functions. If you owned both devices you could switch up to four functions - which would consequently be enough for the DC-5. Hope that helps, my Mesa brother, :)

Big smiles,

Andy.

• Members

Yeah, LnTh, I've experienced a lot of hum at low volumes on my TOV, but only when the reverb is turned to 30% or more. Kinda sucks, but I think I'll get it serviced soon since I don't remember it doing that when I first got it.

• Members

yeah, that was my next choice for longest time. I think one of those or the blue angel. Whichever comes up first. I need to start myself a Mesa collection that rivals SteveVht's collection o'VHTs. That would take years.

Archived