Does anyone boost their Mark IV's?

somata

• Members

I used to run an SD-1 into my Mark IV, level up, tone between noon- 1 o'clock, drive off. Not really necessary with the Mark IV, but added a little upper mid bite and tighter bottom. It's cool for a different flavor or for really agressive metal tones without scooping the graphic. EQ.

• Members

cool clips. i was just wondering because i know that steve von till from neurosis uses some old school rat pedals dialed in with different amounts of gain into his mark iv...although thats a looser sound than i'm after. danyeo's clips sound like a mutation between a mkiv and a recto...which is kind of what i'm after...the grit of the recto, but the tightness and articulation of the mkiv. hmmmmm, now i'm gassing even more....

• Members

Originally posted by somata

sound like a mutation between a mkiv and a recto...which is kind of what i'm after...the grit of the recto, but the tightness and articulation of the mkiv. hmmmmm, now i'm gassing even more....

if you're after that sound, then you should check out the DC-5.

• Members

Yea I use a boost alot with my mark IV. I use a Maxon OD808.

I use it on R1 to get a slight grit, especially if I have R2 set for a higher gain. I use it on R2 to get a 'more marshall sound', if that is what I am looking for. I have used it on the lead channel as well as a solo boost, but I prefer to use the EQ for that.

Archived