OT: time to buy a car...

keithb

• Members
Originally posted by SteveVHT

I haven't been on those sites in a while.

I go to Englishtown all the time.

I bring this and my Chevelle...
:D
There are a bunch of pics of my car floating around.

The original owner also had a website with tons of pics of it and all the mods he did....

After I got it, I changed the interior, and added a Venom computer controlled N2O kit along with reprogramming and a few internal tweaks...

Steve

Sweet!:D I had an 01 Pewter SS. Went to a couple of SLP days at E-town. Had to sell it for a truck though:(
Was able to sqeak about 30 mpg's out of it on the highway(M6).
I tell you, if I had the cash, I'd buy it from you. I really miss mine.

• Members
Originally posted by steve2500hd

Sweet!
I had an 01 Pewter SS. Went to a couple of SLP days at E-town. Had to sell it for a truck though:(

Was able to sqeak about 30 mpg's out of it on the highway(M6).

I tell you, if I had the cash, I'd buy it from you. I really miss mine.

They are great cars....
The only problem with them is they are rice burner magnets...
Every liitle punk in their WRX, Honda, or other wanna be Fast and Furious moron always want to race you with their 16 second cars with fart pipes...LOL
I will never understand why people try to race Jap cars...:D

• Members

They are great cars....

Every liitle punk in their WRX, Honda, or other wanna be Fast and Furious moron always want to race you with their 16 second cars with fart pipes...LOL

I will never understand why people try to race Jap cars...

Rice burner magnets LOL
How much for the car?

• Members

They are great cars....

I will never understand why people try to race Jap cars...

Very true.:) I usually wouldn't take the bait with them. The stangs would always stop about a car length back at a light.:D I wanted to get a little revenge for getting picked on by the fox body stangs when I had my 92 Camaro. They crushed me everytime back then.:o
Good luck with selling it, I sure wish I could buy it.

• Members
Originally posted by carlygtr56

Rice burner magnets LOL

How much for the car?

As is $25K with 5 trophies and the stereo.
I built the whole system and it's flawless. 2 of the trophies are for SQ(sound quality) and it hits 170db...:D

• Members
Originally posted by steve2500hd

Very true.
:)
I usually wouldn't take the bait with them. The stangs would always stop about a car length back at a light.
I wanted to get a little revenge for getting picked on by the fox body stangs when I had my 92 Camaro. They crushed me everytime back then.
:o
Good luck with selling it, I sure wish I could buy it.

I still get the guys in the supercharged Cobras wanting to race. They are quick, but not that quick...:D
They like my tail lights...:D
Steve

• Members

Originally posted by ebrecordings

japanese= reliability

i honestly don't trust american cars one bit. and that's from experience

I'll second that ....

other than my Chevy 97 S-10 4x4 .... which I loved to death I have had nothing but problems with all other american cars ..

bought a 2002 Honda Civic si .. although it's only 4 years old I haven't had one problem with it . goes 0-60 in a little over 5 seconds .... plenty of room in the hatch ( i've had a half stack and two guitars in the thing ) and it's a 4 cylinder ..

I won't ever look back ..... love it !!!!!!!!!

• Members

I still get the guys in the supercharged Cobras wanting to race. They are quick, but not that quick...
They like my tail lights...
Steve

I'm a huge fan of older muscle cars ( Mopar mainly ) back in the late 80's . There was this guy that we kinda hung out with , that put every friggin cent he had into this 70 Charger ... That friggin thing kept up with rice burners ( motorcycles ) from a start . We used to hang out and watch this guy race GSXR 1100's ...

• Members

go with the Altima dude...ive had mine for almost 4 years, 114k on the odometer, and have NEVER had it break on me. sure, ive had to fix a few things (CV joint boot ripped, wheel bearing, clutch cuz the guy before me couldnt drive it...) but other than those things, its an amazing little car that is quick for a 4 banger and will be reliable as hell.

and if you want to do some mods to the Altima, do it. i have...i dont care what anyone says "why would anyone want to race a jap car?" well, i did it for fun, to learn about my car and how to work on it, and so i could make it handle a little better and go a little faster, and look a little better (i hate steel wheels LMAO!) i know it wont be a {censored}in' Camaro SS or whatever...but thats not the point. :)

plus, it gets 32 mpg average :D 4 doors, LOTS of trunk space (my 4x12 and 5150 head will fit in the trunk...well would, i have a sub in there now...LOL)

i love it...i love Hondas too, i just hate what some people do to them :mad:

and by the way...i see nothing wrong with Chevy's either...weve had Blazers from 96 till now, a 96 model, 98, and now a 2002 Trailblazer...only one that had a problem was the 96 and that was because the AC would blow through the defrost vents when going up a hill for some reason...fixed under warranty :thu: as long as you take care of a car, 9 times out of 10 itll take care of you, and if it doesnt, get rid of it! because you know that youll just be throwing money away in the long run!

• Members
Originally posted by GRIFF10672

I'm a huge fan of older muscle cars ( Mopar mainly ) back in the late 80's . There was this guy that we kinda hung out with , that put every friggin cent he had into this 70 Charger ... That friggin thing kept up with rice burners ( motorcycles ) from a start . We used to hang out and watch this guy race GSXR 1100's ...

Cool...My dad has a 440 1969 Charger all stock....
I'm a big fan of Mopars also.
I beat a few bikes with my Camaro, but I destroy them with the Chevelle...Not too many 7 second bikes out there...:D

• Members

I'd go for the best of both worlds, which is actually what I really did myself.

I bought myself a 2001 Honda Prelude with 64k on it.

Japanese reliability and the call will last a long time if I take care of it, plus it looks awesome and is pretty powerful.

• Members

Funny...

My 2000 SS Camaro has never broken down on me...Nor have any of my Chevy cars and trucks....

Plus you can spank the crap out of just about anything on the road with a LS1 car....Even Z06's...

By the way, I have a Camaro for sale....

10.85 @135mph...And still gets 22mpg...
R5.jpg
R3.jpg

You must be the only guy on LI with one of those.....everyone else seems to drive BMWs and {censored} like that up there.....don't forget about the random senseless crappy rap music blaring out the window.

• Members

Cool...My dad has a 440 1969 Charger all stock....

I'm a big fan of Mopars also.

I beat a few bikes with my Camaro, but I destroy them with the Chevelle...Not too many 7 second bikes out there...

whooaaa.... a 69 charger all stock :eek::cool::thu::love:

what color is it ???

Archived