Triaxis: Is it all they say it is? What version to look for?

rcervera

• Members

I mean it sounds just too... amazing.

8 modes including several Mark models and from vintage to modern?

Can it get rectifier sounds?

What differences are there between version 1,2,3? What version should I look for?

Thanks

Rob

• Members

I have a friend who we gig with a lot that has one and man he gets some smokin' good tone with his. He's running it into a Mesa 5050 power amp and I really dig his tone. Very Mark IV ish and his lead tone is smooth as butter. I hear there is a new triaxis coming out really soon but who knows.

• Members

Originally posted by psychodave

I will catch some flack for this, but the Rocktron Piranha can do everything the Triaxis can do....but for $600-$700 less. I like the Triaxis...but not for the $$$.

The Pirhana sounds like raspy {censored}(designed like a valvestate) it has nowhere near the quality sounds found in a Triaxis.

• Members

Originally posted by rcervera

I mean it sounds just too... amazing.

8 modes including several Mark models and from vintage to modern?

Can it get rectifier sounds?

What differences are there between version 1,2,3? What version should I look for?

Thanks

Rob

Version 2 is the best. 3 has a recto voicing but nobody seems to like it much.See if you can try both.

• Members
Originally posted by The Realm

The Pirhana sounds like raspy {censored}(designed like a valvestate) it has nowhere near the quality sounds found in a Triaxis.

Not if you change to NOS tubes :thu:

Go listen to Judas Priest's live stuff... they use Piranha's. I am not bashing the Triaxis...it is great, but it is also expensive.

• Members
Originally posted by BillyCorgan

:p
Take my word for it. If i sold one of the rigs the JMP-1 would stay.
:thu:

By the way, I'd really like to hear some of the old JMP-1 clips you had on the pillforkids webspace. Those were awesome. Any chance you could upload some?

• Members

Not if you change to NOS tubes
:thu:

Go listen to Judas Priest's live stuff... they use Piranha's. I am not bashing the Triaxis...it is great, but it is also expensive.

Judas Priest modern live stuff has that raspy processed sound.Thier tone died after '91. It sounds better when KK and Glenn use thier DSL's

No tube change will make a big diff since each tube in the Pirhana is used for 1 channel only like a valvestate ergo no cascading tube stages = crap sound.

• Members
Originally posted by rcervera

Ok, so... WHAT VERSION???

(so the 3 has recto voice.. is that extra? because if it is, then what is the problem? Id go for it)

I thought 3 had the Lone Star mode and the 2.0 has the Lead1 Red Recto. I always use LD1 Red :D

• Members

Originally posted by The Realm

Judas Priest modern live stuff has that raspy processed sound.Thier tone died after '91. It sounds better when KK and Glenn use thier DSL's

No tube change will make a big diff since each tube in the Pirhana is used for 1 channel only like a valvestate ergo no cascading tube stages = crap sound.

Say what you want, I really dont care. I have great tone and one of the reasons is the Piranha.

BTW, what amps do you currently have and what are you using?

• Members
Originally posted by BillyCorgan

I thought 3 had the Lone Star mode and the 2.0 has the Lead1 Red Recto. I always use LD1 Red
:D

Correct! V2 has the Recto voice on LD1 Red. V3 has the Classic Boogie Lead (LoneStar or whatever its called...but NOT Recto).

• Members

I've had a Triaxis for almost 10 years. Every couple years I think I want something else...I've owned a Bogner Shiva, a JCM 800, Matchless Clubman, VHT 100CL, Mesa MKIIC+....there's probably something else. Everytime I come back to the Triaxis. In my opinion, there's no tone it can't get.

• Members

Say what you want, I really dont care. I have great tone and one of the reasons is the Piranha.

BTW, what amps do you currently have and what are you using?

VHT Pitbull ST head

'74 Marshall JTM 45

'79 Marshall JMP 100 watt

'65 Fender Dual Showman

ADA MP-1 "Classic"

Peavey 120/120 stereo PA

VHT 4x12 w/100 PB drivers

Marshall 4x12 1960 A G12 75 drivers

Archived