OT: "I'm SO CEREAL!!!!"

anonymousalien1

• Members

Originally posted by MattACaster

This is a dumb question...

Was that episode a parody of a current event like the last episodes have been??

Kinda, Manbear-pig is a mixture of george bush, oil copanies and maybe some other special interests groups.

Al gore was trying to warn us but he is a douce and always ends up back fireing on him. which is why he has no friends.

Cartman was george bush, i think, who was destroyed by his own greed and is now relying on people to help save him.

basically a lot of crap about this white house has been coming out like how they ignored some intel that they shouldnt have in order to persue what they wanted.

thats what i got from this episode anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by Peter Gandalf

Kinda, Manbear-pig is a mixture of george bush, oil copanies and maybe some other special interests groups.

Al gore was trying to warn us but he is a douce and always ends up back fireing on him. which is why he has no friends.

Cartman was george bush, i think, who was destroyed by his own greed and is now relying on people to help save him.

basically a lot of crap about this white house has been coming out like how they ignored some intel that they shouldnt have in order to persue what they wanted.

thats what i got from this episode anyway.

Makes sense. I thinnk this one was more subtle than most South Park episodes and when I watch South Park I'm not expecting subtle.

• Members

you got all that from that episode? i just thought they were making fun of how Gore used to talk about the threat of global warming, but nobody really listened to him, and now he has no friends.

honestly i barely laughed in that episode, it was not that funny.

• Members

Originally posted by Keithrt99

you got all that from that episode? i just thought they were making fun of how Gore used to talk about the threat of global warming, but nobody really listened to him, and now he has no friends.

+1

Not one of their better outings. I've not been really impressed with this season's shows so far.

• Members

Originally posted by Keithrt99

Making fun of gore was the most obvious joke of the show. I do think there were other less obvious underlying themes in the episode, I mean it just fits together so well.

• Members

Originally posted by anonymousalien1

Hmm. I think this episode and the Oprah episode weren't really THAT great. They set a really high standard of "funny" for themselves tho so it's forgivable

I agree with that, I thought thsi episode wasonyl marginally better.

• Members

I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the episode, kind of figured ManBearPig is a goofy Southparkish version of Global Warming that's why the episode featured Gore ranting about ManBearPig. They've mocked Global Warming hysteria before in the Day Before The Day After Tomorrow episode.

• Members

Originally posted by JimAnsell

i thought the smug episoide and cartoon wars were great, but the last two were kinda weak.

I agree, the Oprah one was awful IMO. This week's wasn't much better.

• Members

Originally posted by 50foot midget

i dont think it was one of there best, by far. The only part that really made me laugh was at the end when Cartman started {censored}ting out the fake treasure...but than, you cant ever go wrong with bathroom humor

I laughed so hard.. and I never laugh when i'm alone.

The episode was okay.. I liked it when they said Gore has no friends. That made me chuckle.

Archived