OT: mojitos, whats up

CrashDavis

• Members

mojitos, i recently posted a margarita thread. but now, lets slide into mojitos. Whats everyones favorite recipe?

i boil 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water, then let it cool in a bowl in my fridge. Then drop about to tbsp of the syrup into a glass with 5-6 mint leaves. add rum and club soda and boom, drink it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by CFH1919ETERNAL

mojitos, i recently posted a margarita thread. but now, lets slide into mojitos. Whats everyones favorite recipe?

i boil 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water, then let it cool in a bowl in my fridge. Then drop about to tbsp of the syrup into a glass with 5-6 mint leaves. add rum and club soda and boom, drink it.

You're missing a key ingredient...lime.

-Joe

• Members
Originally posted by a2m4u4eva4real

Way to be trendy...

Haha I get it...you're one of those kids who thinks that they are different because they reject anything that becomes popular. When will you morons wake up and learn that the very act of rejecting popular things is a trend itself. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-Joe

• Members

I'll drink/eat whatever tastes good. You know your elitist when you claim a food/drink is "trendy". How about a Zombie? That's my favorite mixed drink and I rarely find a bar/club that can even make one. Does that make it un-trendy or do people think it tastes like {censored}?

Back on topic...MO-HE-TOE!!!!!! They're alright I guess.

• Members

tequila is delicious as well. but i havent bene around rum for a while. so were gonna go back to that and see what its all about hahahaha. On a side note, whats a zombie?

And yeah, "rejecting" everytjhing these days is a trend now. so its kinda like kicking yourself in the nuts.

• Members

tequila is delicious as well. but i havent bene around rum for a while. so were gonna go back to that and see what its all about hahahaha. On a side note, whats a zombie?

And yeah, "rejecting" everytjhing these days is a trend now. so its kinda like kicking yourself in the nuts.

So I love good booze.

But for some reason, I just have never become enamored with rum. I know there are many that are considered like brandys, but it just hasn't clicked with me.

So far it works better as a mixer for me.

Now tequila.... that's another subject.

So make mine a Mexican Mojito.

:D

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I love this recipe:

Take 2 medium limes & juice them.
Add about a dozen or 1.5 dozen fresh mint leaves and muddle, you'll smell it when the mint is released.
Add 3-4 tablespoons of sugar, muddle a bit more to break down the sugar.
Add 4-6 oz of good rum. For good bang for the buck, I like Cruzan dark rum, 2 yr old.
Mix then strain equally into 2 large glasses filled with ice.
Add some club soda, garnish with a mint leaf. For even better flavor, I like using orange or blood orange flavored italian soda.
Enjoy.

• Members

Sugar, lime juice, and mint leaves in the bottom of the glass - crush it up in the bottom 'till it's a paste, then add ice cubes all the way up, pour in a shot or two of Bacardi Silver, fill the rest of the way up w/ tonic water. Stir or shake together and down it.

Now then, Mojito's are nice girly drinks and all, but the Chupacabra is WHERE IT'S AT!

Check it -

Pint glass (only fill it half full w/ this mixture)
*2/3 red bull
*1/3 Bloody Mary (the spicier the better!)

shot glass
1/2 Tequila (the GOOD kind - don't skimp here)
1/2 Tabasco sauce

Drop the shot glass in the pint glass and suck it down.

• Members

trendy? i cant ive ever seen anyone make a mojito.

You've got to be kiddin' me. Oh wait, I forgot Southern California is WAY ahead of trends these days. :p

Read up n00b... http://www.bacardimojito.com/home/default.aspx

And take note of the UBER TRENDY Abercrombie & Fitch music they're playing in the background while you're there. LOL!

Archived