Fender Super-Sonic

Mikeo

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

Its a good amp, I wont repeat what I said about it in a bunch of previous threads, do a search on it, there are probably 3 or 4 very good threads on it somewhere down the line:)

Thanks,

I may grab on or I have a chance at buying a used MIM Fender Deluxe that i think I can get at a very good price.

The Deluxe is a cool all around amp

• Members

I played one for half an hour or so. The clean channel is excellent, except I found the Vibrolux setting not too usefull. Wat too thin sounding for me, might sound great through a couple of 10's but not through the Celestion. The Bassman setting was excellent and is the best thing about the amp IMO.
The distortion channel didn't do a whole lot for me. Sounded like buzzy preamp distortion. It wasn't terrible and there was a lot of room for tweaaking with the 2 gain stages and various EQ settings, it just didn't do a whole lot for me.
Reverb was very good.

• Members

I sat down with one for a little while. The Bassman mode is the best clean sound on it, which isn't bad at all. A lot of people seem to think the Burn channel doesn't have enough gain. I thought with the gain dimed, it delivered the goods just fine. I also turned the gain down and boosted it with an OCD, and it got even better. IMO it's a solid head for the money. Hits super clean and high gain sounds nicely.

• Members

Originally posted by Rindgecore

read my reply right above.

what did you think? my problem with the amp was that it didnt really have enough thump or dynamics. it seemed really nice, but it was just missing that feel that i love in a tube amp. do you know what i mean?

did it really help it?

• Members

Boosting definetly did help it a bit. But I feel like there are so many better heads out there that can do the sounds. I very much prefer the Prosonic over these. But I do sort of feel that the amp can be a bit one dimensional on gainy settings.

Archived