Bought a Steve Morse CD... (my first)

SuperStrat

• Members

Originally posted by vlad

Yeah... he digs that stuff. He's a pretty amazing guitar player...

he's {censored}in' incredible...lol

although I'm not jazzed about his tone or his vibrato...he's so good at evertyhing else that it doesn't bother me at all

• Members
Originally posted by shreder75

although I'm not jazzed about his tone or his vibrato...he's so good at evertyhing else that it doesn't bother me at all

I love his use of the volume knob... :D He's a sick sick man... :D

• Members

I love his use of the volume knob...
:D
He's a sick sick man...

ever see his signature ernie ball? u have to practically take a course to use all the bells and whistles..BUT, he makes one guitar sound like 20 with all the different configurations he utilizes!

• Members

Originally posted by petelaramee

Go straight to Simple Simon. I love the arpeggios toward the end.

that's a great song...I used to demo radios with that when I was working in retail....people always loved that song

• Members

+1

I went to see him in January of 1985 with a friend of mine (I was 16). My friend was always talking about him so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. We ended up meeting him afterwards. Man, I'll never forget that night.

• Members

+1

I went to see him in January of 1985 with a friend of mine (I was 16). My friend was always talking about him so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. We ended up meeting him afterwards. Man, I'll never forget that night.

I would love to catch him live..he seems like a really down to earth guy too

• Members

I saw him live at least once in Kansas, Dixie Dregs and the Steve Morse Band. Once I saw the Steve Morse Band open for the Dregs. Morse had a cast on his right hand (I guess he had just broken his wrist while skateboarding with his son). He had one pickle in the first minute of the first song and then he was perfect the rest of the night.

He was definitely down to earth when I met him. There was some college radio station interviewing him and I kept interupting and ansking my own questions (I did say I was only 16 right?). He was very graceful and pleasant as the radio guy was a complete douche. They were talking about classical music and I asked "so what do you think of Yngwie Malmsteen?" Steve kind of chuckled and said "Yngwie Malmsteen, I've never heard of him." The radio douche just stopped the recorder, rewinded it, and said "he's the guitar player for Alcatrazz" in a very condescending tone. About 6 months later I remember reading an interview with Morse in a GFTPM mag that he had just been turned onto Yngwie and wished he had his chops (or something like that). I showed this to my friend and said "hey - he would have never heard of Yngwie if it wasn't for me!!!":D

• Members

I've never met him, but I saw an interview with him and kept thinking he would be a really great guy to have a beer with and talk to.

• Members

ever see his signature ernie ball? u have to practically take a course to use all the bells and whistles..BUT, he makes one guitar sound like 20 with all the different configurations he utilizes!

Yup... :D

There was a video on the EBMM site a while back that had him trying out the new model. Just him... In a room... playing... Amazing... :eek:

• Members

I saw him live at least once in Kansas, Dixie Dregs and the Steve Morse Band. Once I saw the Steve Morse Band open for the Dregs. Morse had a cast on his right hand (I guess he had just broken his wrist while skateboarding with his son). He had one pickle in the first minute of the first song and then he was perfect the rest of the night.

He was definitely down to earth when I met him. There was some college radio station interviewing him and I kept interupting and ansking my own questions (I did say I was only 16 right?). He was very graceful and pleasant as the radio guy was a complete douche. They were talking about classical music and I asked "so what do you think of Yngwie Malmsteen?" Steve kind of chuckled and said "Yngwie Malmsteen, I've never heard of him." The radio douche just stopped the recorder, rewinded it, and said "he's the guitar player for Alcatrazz" in a very condescending tone. About 6 months later I remember reading an interview with Morse in a GFTPM mag that he had just been turned onto Yngwie and wished he had his chops (or something like that). I showed this to my friend and said "hey - he would have never heard of Yngwie if it wasn't for me!!!":D

LOL...goes to show you how modest he is..a guy like that saying he wished he had someone else's chops!

• Members

Yup...

There was a video on the EBMM site a while back that had him trying out the new model. Just him... In a room... playing... Amazing...
:eek:

yeah, that's a great video...he's all over the place on those knobs..lol

Archived