Your best gear related purchase of the last decade

Tomkeen

• Members

Following the best gear related purchase of 2009, here is the decade version. What was your best purchase from 2000 - 2009?

Mine was probably either the Triton Extreme or PC3x. The TEx was my first "pro" board and caused me to learn a little more about programming and splitting/layering. It also sounded excellent to me at the time, and to the band.

Now the PC3x, could there be a more complete board? Yes. Is it awesome anyway? Yes.

Nord Electo 2, August of 2004. Without a doubt.

• Members

I'd say the best move was going from my RS7000 for sequencing to a Power/Macbook with Logic (6/9).

But my best purchase of the last decade is a tough one. Soundwise and versatility it goes to the Jomox Sunsyn. For creative factor for making music, it is my PEK. ( Honorable mentions would be the Future Retro XS for blowing my mind with it's sonic capabilities and the SE ATC-Xi for taking a manhold on bass duties for me ).

• Members

Probably my Farfisa Compact Duo. Which I actually got for free from a dude who was moving, and didn't want it anymore, because it was broken and missing the power supply. But then, at great expense, I hunted down a power supply, and had the whole organ repaired.

I'm really head over heels for it, just a simply inspiring instrument for me personally. I wish it were lighter, and more stable so I could gig with it.

Archived