Tell me about the BOGNER UBERSCHALL

thefyn

• Members

killer KILLER amp. If you are looking for a nice amp to sound huge and you play heavy music this is the one!

If you want a nice amp for killer lead tones this is the amp as well, in my opinion you cannot beat bogner for lead and rhythm tones combined. It is all just opinion since all of our ears are different in what we appreciate and like more than others. If price is no option then I'd say check out the xtc as well, many people don't think it can do metal but i beg to differ;)

Anyways that's my 10 cents for today.

• Members

Is it good for tight thrash? I need speed palm mutes live. Sting skipping on the fat strings etc...Is it more a downtuned powerchord amp or can it be powerbally for ryth? Is the tracking fast?

• Members

Originally posted by thefyn

Is it good for tight thrash? I need speed palm mutes live. Sting skipping on the fat strings etc...Is it more a downtuned powerchord amp or can it be powerbally for ryth? Is the tracking fast?

Not the best amp for tightness. It has a more loose squishy feel to it. Tracking isn't as fast as some other amps.

I like mine a lot but I found it too be a tad too muddy and dark for my taste.

Great amp for heavy, high-gain rhythm with a dark, evil sound.

Listen to any song from Pigmy Love Circus off of the album The Power of Beef for a good representation of what the amp sounds like.

Clean channel isn't the best either. But I liked it for what it was.

The Uber is not a very versitle amp...it does 1.5 things amazingly well.

• Members
Originally posted by scottosan

turn the treble knob counter-clockwise until it stops

LOL!!!! :D

Dime the Pres, close the Treb, set mids to liking. It takes away some of the high gain sizzle and more, you just have to hear it.

thenine, if you have one try.

137069739.jpg

Take Care

• Members

Its fast enough for death metal.

Take Care

• Members
Originally posted by FourT6and2

Not the best amp for tightness. It has a more loose squishy feel to it. Tracking isn't as fast as some other amps.

Great amp for heavy, high-gain rhythm with a dark, evil sound.

I would agree with this. I like the Uberschall but I have been spending more time with my 6505+ recently. I liked it alot better than the Powerball though.

I've been considering selling my Uberschall and buying a Diezel Herbert but I just can't seem to bring myself to sell Uber. I need to spend some more time with the Diezel to be sure - but it is 4-5 hours away.:cry:

• Members
Originally posted by xiwiwix

LOL!!!!
:D

Dime the Pres, close the Treb, set mids to liking. It takes away some of the high gain sizzle and more, you just have to hear it.

137069739.jpg

Take Care

Did you just buy that recently or is that an old pic of mine?

• Members
Originally posted by xiwiwix

LOL!!!!

Take Care

It sounds more throaty for sure :D

Also for the Fyn: You need to verify what revision you are playing when you demo one.

The Revision Blue's are a little brighter and a tad less bass boomy than the earlier versions.

• Members
Originally posted by mhenson42

Did you just buy that recently or is that an old pic of mine?

Its the one I bought from Wizz. The new one I bought off of Steve Snider is number four and number three is pictured. :thu:

Take Care

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

It sounds more throaty for sure

Also for the Fyn: You need to verify what revision you are playing when you demo one.

The Revision Blue's are a little brighter and a tad less bass boomy than the earlier versions.

+1

It's very versatile for what it does.

Take Care

• Members

It is the original uber. He lives about 40 mins away and may trade $1000 plus my Mk III. Is that a good deal?

Early revisions in good condition go for $1900-2000.

I think Revision Blue's may fetch a little more.

Metal or cloth grill?

• Members

I've had a love/hate thing going on with the Uberschall. On the one hand, nothing sounds bigger to me. Huge bottom end grind, tons of gain, and I personally really love the chewy feel.

On the other hand, the tone was too muddy and throaty for me... like a wah cocked in the down position. Plus the top end had that ultra high end sizzle you couldn't dial out (and I tried treble on zero too).

If that amp just had some more Marshally upper mids it would be much better. The Blue revision helped in that department, but the sizzle is worse in that revision to me and lead notes weren't as thick.

A great amp no doubt but a very specialized voicing.

I owned 2.

Archived