Yamaha CP1 and CP5...modeled or sampled?

• Members

They kind of hint in their literature that these boards will be modeling...yet don't really call it modeling.

Also, I saw a video featuring a demo of the CP1 and the guy said one of the pianos is based off of the new S6 piano samples that they did for the S90xs...so is this modeled or sampled or a combo of both?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's mixed, best of both world.

The Spectral Component Modeling concept is a fundamentally different approach to any other technology previously employed by Yamaha,
combining ultra sophisticated sampling and modeling technology.
All sounds can be comprehensively and easily edited, then further customized by adjusting the parameters of 'physical

• Members

Those Rhodes sound AMAZING!!!

WANT!!!!!

Yes, I bet the piano sounds would be good, too. I can't afford CP-1, but this is the first youtube video demoing CP-5, and makes me really want to test myself. Andy's Music says CP-5 would be shipping mid-March. I have to look at credit card balance though....:facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

Yamaha finally did it - stunning piano and rhodes sounds in one unit with wooden, hammer action keys! what else you may possibly want? :cool:

CP1 is schedulled to replace my RD700GX this year.

p.s.

one small miss I guess - there is no simple recorder like on CP300, a scratch pad would be nice.

• Members

CP1 is schedulled to replace RD700GX this year.

What the hell does that mean? The CP-1 is by Yamaha and the RD-700gx is by Roland. Secondly, they are not in direct competition either. A more relevant comparison would be the CP-1 and the Roland V Piano. Or the CP-5 and the RD-700gx. Tremens, you bloody plonker!

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PLONKER

• Members

What the hell does that mean? The CP-1 is by Yamaha and the RD-700gx is by Roland. Secondly, they are not in direct competition either. A more relevant comparison would be the CP-1 and the Roland V Piano. Or the CP-5 and the RD-700gx. Tremens, you bloody plonker!

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/PLONKER

:cop: CP1 is schedulled to replace my RD700GX this year. :lol::facepalm:

• Members

:cop:
CP1 is schedulled to replace
my
RD700GX this year.
:lol::facepalm:

Wouldn't the CP5 be more a replacement?

Also, you're spending $5K on a replacement for a $2.5K instrument? The CP5 still has the sounds, the modeling, the same wooden keys. Doesn't have the DX7 piano as a modeling option (but it's sampled).

But this is a good question...what does the CP1 have on it that's really really worth the extra $2.5K that one just can't live without on the CP5?

• Members

Wouldn't the CP5 be more a replacement?

Also, you're spending $5K on a replacement for a $2.5K instrument? The CP5 still has the sounds, the modeling, the same wooden keys. Doesn't have the DX7 piano as a modeling option (but it's sampled).

But this is a good question...what does the CP1 have on it that's really really worth the extra $2.5K that one just can't live without on the CP5?

yes, you're right it's good question and after comparing CP1 to CP5 I decided to go with CP5 here is why:

* The core sound of SCM (Spectral Component Modeling) technology.

* 17 selected acoustic and vintage electric piano sounds.

* 305 additional sounds (clavs, organs, strings and more) and various effects.

* New NW

• Members

Thanks for the face-off.

I've got one question. I wasn't sure CP-5 has master keyboard function. CP-1 owner manual says CP-1 has it for sure. But I couldn't find CP-5 manual yet. I was looking up Yamaha Japan sites for the manual, but they even don't have CP-5 itself. Looks like they don't sell CP-5 in Japanese market, which is very strange.

• Members

Is it just me or do the Rhodes sounds on the CP sound pretty awful...

Thats not how a rhodes sounds in any state of setup or condition..

And pretty much every demonstrator i hear slams into the action at full pelt showing absolutely zero subtlety or taste..

Based and what ive seen of these Yamahas so far not impressed..

:rolleyes:

Archived