best (smallest) laptop/soundcard for reason with midi controller?

mikeoxlong

• Members

I used the M-Audio Mobile Pre USB with a laptop with no latency problems for about 6 months in a live environment. (OK, band rehearsals only). Worked OK for me. Whatever the latest incarnation of that is, I would bet it would suit your needs.

• Members

I used the M-Audio Mobile Pre USB with a laptop with no latency problems for about 6 months in a live environment. (OK, band rehearsals only). Worked OK for me. Whatever the latest incarnation of that is, I would bet it would suit your needs.

I would love to take something like that on the road? but I am worried it will {censored} it's pants on stage

Again, this is where knowing your budget may help.

- How many audio inputs do you need? XLR? RCA? 1/4"?

- phantom power for condenser mics?

- how many outputs? digital outputs?

For small keyboard with audio interface you may consider a X-Station from Novation (as mentioned by The Pro) or Line 6's KB37

• Members

Again, this is where knowing your budget may help.

- How many audio inputs do you need? XLR? RCA? 1/4"?

- phantom power for condenser mics?

- how many outputs? digital outputs?

For small keyboard with audio interface you may consider a X-Station from Novation (as mentioned by The Pro) or Line 6's KB37

i used to have an x-station but i hated the sounds on it.... it sounded stale and cold... I could load reason sounds on to it without having to lug around a laptop? Is that possible?!? If so I will be pissed off that I sold it.

Archived