Where to buy Orange Online?

martindcx1e

• Members

Originally posted by Humbucker Jake

I'd like to know who you spoke to here... Please tell me exactly what was said, if you don't mind, and I'd like it to be done in this public forum. I'm the owner of Humbucker Music, and I field about 95% of all mail order phone calls. It was probably me who answered your email.

I don't know how someone can be a dick in giving a tracking number, but I'm all ears if you care to fill me in. Please feel free to cut and paiste my response to you. I'm very interested.

Also, a week would not be uncommon for you being in Salt lake City. We are in Georgia, and the transit time from here to you would be one week. I'll bet anything you got it EXACTLY on time, as we usually ship same day as the order is placed.

Wow.... "F" Humbucker Music?? Dang, that's a little drastic don't you think?

It wasn't a matter of it taking a week to get here, that's completely understandable, price wasn't an issue, and honestly I don't remember what was said in the email as I don't have it anymore (it was in december of last year). But I do remember I had to send 2 emails over the course of a week to get a tracking number that I was already told I'd recieve once it went out, and when I finally did get the tracking number there was some rude comment in there that just kinda made me think "what the {censored} is this guys problem? all I wanted was a tracking number". I guess while I'm on the topic, I never did recieve the 'free footswitch' that was supposed to come with the amp. But I never complained.

• Members
Originally posted by hivedestruction

When I finally did get the tracking number there was some rude comment in there that just kinda made me think "what the {censored} is this guys problem? all I wanted was a tracking number".

I found the email. Here it is:

So I emailed you guys 3 days ago concerning a tracking number for the order I placed via paypal for an Orange Rocker 30 head, and I haven't recieved a response yet. When I placed the order in the Paypal notes Jake Langston specified the following "Thanks again for the order! You'll have a tracking

number emailed to you the moment it ships (which will certainly be today!)." Which I didn't recieve. I am a patient person, but 3 full days without a response is kind of inconsiderate. I'm not upset or anything, and I'm still very much looking forward to the amplifier. I'd just like to know when it will arrive. Thanks guys

-----------

Our response:

Hmmm... We responded back then, so I don't know what happened. Anyway, we shipped that out on the 22nd and it's on it's way to you now. We just updated the PayPal shipping screen so that email from PayPal may make it's way to you if our email doesn't.

Sorry for the confusion, but here's the UPS #:

UPS: ****************

Thanks again!

Jake Langston
Humbucker Music
www.humbuckermusic.com
Toll Free: 866-486-2825
Mon-Sat 10am - 7pm
-----------------------------------

(Tracking number left out for security sake) Sorry if that email seemed rude to you. I can't say I understand why you felt it was so. We did send out a tracking number when it shipped, and apparently you didn't get it. Could have been our providers fault, could have been yours, but I certainly wasn't pointing fingers. I just didn't know, but either way I did apologize for the confusion.

• Members

Hi everyone,

I'm an employee of Orange USA and I wanted to clear up the confusion in this thread.

No company can dictate to a dealer what price they should sell a product for. Not us, not Mesa Boogie, not Bergantino. These companies do however base their MAP prices on a competitive pricing structure and strongly recommend that all their dealers stick to it. I know exactly how much money a dealer makes when he sells a Mesa or an Orange and to be honest, if he's discounting the product, he may as well not be selling it at all. Any dealer that has to discount Orange amplifiers will probably not be a dealer for long, as it just doesn't make sense for him to tie up his investment dollars in it. It also doesn't make sense for us as he is devaluing our products. When we hear of a store that is discounting products we do not terminate their dealership, but it is a huge red flag that raises the question, "is this the right dealer for us in this territory?"

Humbucker Music are an excellent store, that carry a lot of product in order to supply it's customers in a swift, timely manner. If they didn't value these things then they would not invest tens of thousands of dollars keeping Orange products in stock. They sell thousands of Orange amplifiers every year, so it is inevitable that shipping problems will occur. It's unfortunate though that one of these problems could prompt someone to make such negative public attacks against them.

Orange USA has reps all over the USA who visit our dealers on a regular basis. We strive to ensure that every dealer is representing our products in the right manner. You should feel comfortable ordering from any of our dealers. If you do encounter any problems, you can always contact us directly for assistance.

• Members

Originally posted by joestanman

yeah, i have heard a ton of negative stuff about this humbucker place lately.

If you don't mind, I'd like to hear about some of this you're speaking of. Please feel free to email me or use this forum if you'd like. If it's something that can be backed up with links or evidence, that would be nice as well.

If any negative stuff exists out there, I'd certainly like to know about it so I can either explain our side, or even better, so I can take action to fix the problems.

We're not some massive corporation that ignores compaints. They really mean something to us, so please let me know if you have time.

Sincerely,

• Members

Originally posted by joestanman

yeah, i have heard a ton of negative stuff about this humbucker place lately.

Not to take sides here, but I have only seen one complaint, which Humbucker... seems to have resolved. He is the only one showing any proof here as to the so-called "multitude of complaints" he is getting. A lot of this negativity is coming strictly from hearsay.

He has enough business sense to come on this forum and openly talk about any unresolved issues. Only one has been brought forward, and he showed us the e-mail he sent back. 2-day shipping doesn't mean the item is received 2 days after you pay for it.

...just my 2 cents

Good luck to everyone.

Scott

• Members

Well I've spent quite a bit of money at Humbucker music (Orange Rockerverb 50 Head, Orange 4x12, Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat, and most recently a Dr. Z MAZ 18 jr reverb model) -- so I feel qualified to say that they are without a doubt the best shop I've ever dealt with. Very friendly customer service and, like the site says, they don't treat you like big warehouse music stores that only care about pushing product. When my first Orange Rockerverb 50 had issues, Jake had no problem swapping it out for a new one for me.

From my experience, Jake and company go out of thier way to return phone calls and e-mails to me, have went to tremendous lengths to help me out while I'm in the shop, and have given me the best deals on all of the equipment listed above possible.:thu: Oh and not to mention, that unlike at Guitar Center, everybody at Humbcuker has extensive knowledge of the products that they are selling....actually I was up there a week ago and had a very lengthy conversation about guitar amps and related gear with Jake.

In fact Humbucker Music is very well respected over at the Orangeamps.com/forum too so I have a hard time believing that anyone has heard "a ton of negative stuff about this humbucker place lately." Sounds like a lot of hearsay to me too. The service was good enough for me to part with over $4000 in two years...that's a hell of a lot more money than I've spent at any other music store I've ever dealt with. And by the way that's quite a bit of money for a 25 year old to be parting with for a jamming and bedroom playing at the moment.:p

Jake is a regular poster over there and the fact that he's taking time out of his day to post here and trying to resolve the situation/provide clarification on it speaks to his concern for his customers and his shop. So if you don't like that kind of service than I would recomend you shop at Guitar Center from now on.:o

If you want to deal with a reputable shop, Humbuckermusic.com is the top choice.:wave:

Chris

• Members

I think its great when dealers/shops make appearances of the forum to clarify, it really says alot about them.

They care enough to read and reply to a topic bashing them, you won't find many buisnesses doing that. And its nice to see some of the "had a horrible experience" stories clarified with an opposing viewpoint. I say this gingerly, but usually buisnesses try to be nice to customers, especially smaller ones. just my $0.02, props to humbucker AND orange for taking the time, truly :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Humbucker Jake

The people on the Orange Forum are not representatives of Orange USA. They are not qualified to speak on their behalf. Again, I ask that you get your information from Orange directly and not from some other source. I am naturally taking this somewhat personally since you are saying my claims are "BS". Wouldn't you?

Uhhh, what? No one was attacked. Please re-read my post. No one is being attacked, but I do think I have the right to defend myself and my company. Please see this from my point of view.

I felt your comments were an attack directly on me. Whether you meant to offend me or not, you did.

What you told me when I was trying to get prices matched, was that Oranges sold at a fixed price and if they sold below that price that the warranty was not valid.

I just read Orangeemployee's post below and it confirms that the warranty not being valid by getting an orange at a lower price is not the case. It does say that orange is trying to sell at a certain price and looks down upon dealers selling at a lower price.

I was upset that you wouldn't match the price due to reasons that were not accurate, ie if I bought it somewhere else for less my warranty would be void. I had purchased a few small items from you before and had no issues and so at the time I was trying to give you business and let you match the price.

At this point I could care less, I have my orange amp and am happy with it.

• Members
Originally posted by blackba

At this point I could care less, I have my orange amp and am happy with it.

Wow -- a lot changed in the last 36 hours.:wave:

And if your that damn sensitive stay off the interweb:p****

Chris

****I'm joking dude:)

• Members
Originally posted by firebird1999us

Wow -- a lot changed in the last 36 hours.
:wave:

And if your that damn sensitive stay off the interweb:p****

Chris

****I'm joking dude:)

Not much has changed. I just didn't like being called a liar.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

atlanta discount music

they were the first dealer a few years back when orange set up the atlanta wherehouse. they have always treated me right. i've gotten discounts there. and they really worked with me to find the right amps and cabs i needed. i've gone to them for 3 years now and i will continue to go there.

www.atlantadiscountmusic.com

Archived