Splawn finally arrived!!!!

bobbtoz

• Members

Just got it Thursday and only had a chance to play at low volumes. I got to cut to the chase. This amp sounds great! I was concerned that it wouldn't sound good at lower volumes, but it sounds fantastic at lower (conversation volumes).

I'm about to hook up my my drummer and try it at a louder volume. Got to split. Here's a pic.

img00415ds.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Dimebag11

I'm jealous......very jealous, where's my Splawn?!?!?
:(

Dude, weirdest thing ever...this Splawn Competetion showed up at my house today. :confused:

It was addressed to Keith Labell...whoever that is? :confused:

:eek:

:p:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Romanian Reaper

Doesn't this suck? We are suffering while these guys are Splawning it out.

:D

One month man. One month. Hang in there. I'll try to also.
:)

I'm trying, I'm trying...luckily my Tremoverb arrives Monday between 2-5 :) so I can jam on that baby until the Splawn arrives!. I got about 3-4 weeks to wait tops on the Splawn:(

• Members

Thanks for all the cool replies. I know how you guys feel that are waiting for your Splawns to arrive. The wait sucks, but the amp is worth the wait (sounds so cliche).

I had a chance to crank it up a little tonight and it sounded great. My only concern is the clean channel. I had to crank the clean channel way the hell up to balance the drive channels volume w/ the clean channel. I had the drive channel at 8-8:30 o'clock and the clean channel at noon. I'm not sure if something is wrong or not. I'll have to contact Scott. It would suck ass to send this back after I waited 10 weeks to finally get it.

• Members

Originally posted by bobbtoz

I had to crank the clean channel way the hell up to balance the drive channels volume w/ the clean channel. I had the drive channel at 8-8:30 o'clock and the clean channel at noon. I'm not sure if something is wrong or not.

I wouldn't worry about that. both of mine are the same way. :)

• Members

Originally posted by bobbtoz

Thanks for all the cool replies. I know how you guys feel that are waiting for your Splawns to arrive. The wait sucks, but the amp is worth the wait (sounds so cliche).

I had a chance to crank it up a little tonight and it sounded great. My only concern is the clean channel. I had to crank the clean channel way the hell up to balance the drive channels volume w/ the clean channel. I had the drive channel at 8-8:30 o'clock and the clean channel at noon. I'm not sure if something is wrong or not. I'll have to contact Scott. It would suck ass to send this back after I waited 10 weeks to finally get it.

That sounds about right. I usually run my drive channel about 9:00 and the clean channel about 12:00-1:00. What do you have your gain set at on the drive channel? It effects the clean channel volume/gain as well. I have mine set at 12:00. The higher you have the gain set on the drive channel the louder the clean channel will be but it will also break up even quicker.

• Members

awesome man! i became an unexpected member of the splawn club when i came acrossed a used quick rod at guitar center for $900 :D

unfortunately for me, i have to wait 15 days for them to run the serial number with the sherriffs dept. to make sure it isn't stolen.... i get to pick it up on the 22nd

Archived