Free Cameron Marshalls!!! Seriously.

Dark Angel

• Members
Originally posted by darkride

I may remember something about that Mako stuff
:cool:

Sleaziest part of it was that he raised his prices while that list was still going, continued to come up with excuses as to why it was delayed, & never intended to follow through unless the higher price was paid upfront.

No I don't think thats right. People who ordered an amp before the price increase, still paid the old price when it was done. People who ordered an amp after the price increase paid the new price. I don't think Mako ever held anyones uncompleted amp for ransom to get more money out of an existing order.

The stuff about certain people being bumped to the front of the line may be true however, (and its wrong IMO) but I'm pretty sure about the pricing stuff above.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by thegame

No I don't think thats right. People who ordered an amp before the price increase, still paid the old price when it was done. People who ordered an amp after the price increase paid the new price. I don't think Mako ever held anyones uncompleted amp for ransom to get more money out of an existing order.

The stuff about certain people being bumped to the front of the line may be true however, (and its wrong IMO) but I'm pretty sure about the pricing stuff above.

Sorry to bump this thread about Mako & not Cameron, but I think this needs to be answered.

I was on that original list.

After the price increase, when I kept asking if paying would get my amp any sooner & he tells me, "not to worry, it's coming" for over a year with several excuses for the delays.

I then find out he's bumped me & a few others to ship to those who bought at the higher price.

Maybe eventually it would have happened, but after that much time I had to move on.

I was never out any money, so yeah, it's really no big deal.

The thing that pissed me off was his way of making weird jokes & comments to deflect a straight answer.

• Members
Originally posted by * velcro-fly *

Bing Bing Bing Bing Bing Bing Bing
:idea:

We have a Winner
:thu:

Steve E

No, we have a bunch of apparently broke suck ups, who assume that this is impossible. A bunch of people that will not believe a man that has had previous undisclosed negotiations with customers who magically wind up owning his personal amps (and tellingly, he has not questioned MY claims) could even possibly be a repeat offender.

Mark knows damn well who I'm talking about, and who I've BEEN talking about for a good year. He's in Burke, Virginia. He can't have too many customers one little town that sent amps in '04... at least I damn well hope not.

Mako, people jumped on.
Zwengel, people jumped on.
Telegun, people jumped on.
Fab, people jumped on.

Cameron, people roll their eyes... but not even at him.

I'll let you all know when the amp arrives. Who knows, it might be a "vintage" modded Marshall by then, a collector's item, because we all know the 800RI's are better than the original when modded:D

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

If you want to rectify the situation shouldnt this be the first step?
:idea:

Because it's not a communications issue. It's an integrity issue. It's an issue of not shipping the amp "in a week or two" since Tyler offered to help six months ago.

Giving anyone his name besides Mark Cameron, who already has it, is pointless.

• Members

Originally posted by dropthisd

Someone buy my Cameron.

I'd be very tempted, but I just bought a Savage and am working towards a Quickrod (I think, today anyways). That and I dont' needs no stinkin' roadcases.

Do some compare/contrast for me vs the splawn, which you loves so much. The Cameron stuff I've heard sounds more searing highs 80's school revisted and refined vs. more raw mids on the Splawns.

• Members

Originally posted by Dark Angel

I'd be very tempted, but I just bought a Savage and am working towards a Quickrod (I think, today anyways). That and I dont' needs no stinkin' roadcases.

Do some compare/contrast for me vs the splawn, which you loves so much. The Cameron stuff I've heard sounds more searing highs 80's school revisted and refined vs. more raw mids on the Splawns.

Dark Angel we have to hook up. I'm closing 6/26 on my new place in Ashburn. I'll be moving in all my {censored}, after July 4th. You can hear what these amps do and don't do. I'd love to show you some cool stuff on that Savage 120. Sound cool?

• Members

Originally posted by Dark Angel

No, we have a bunch of apparently broke suck ups, who assume that this is impossible. A bunch of people that will not believe a man that has had previous undisclosed negotiations with customers who magically wind up owning his personal amps (and tellingly, he has not questioned MY claims) could
even possibly
be a repeat offender.

Mark knows damn well who I'm talking about, and who I've BEEN talking about for a good year. He's in Burke, Virginia. He can't have too many customers one little town that sent amps in '04... at least I damn well hope not.

Mako, people jumped on.

Zwengel, people jumped on.

Telegun, people jumped on.

Fab, people jumped on.

Cameron, people roll their eyes... but not even at him.

I'll let you all know when the amp arrives. Who knows, it might be a "vintage" modded Marshall by then, a collector's item, because we all know the 800RI's are better than the original when modded:D

I am in no way a suck up. I realize Mark holds on to people's amps for too long sometimes and isn't always easy to get ahold of. I'm not saying he doesn't have your friend's amp and I'm not calling you a liar. I offered to help because I have mentioned this to Mark several times and he said he didn't know who you were referring to and just asked for a name. Regardless of whether or not you think Mark knows who I'm talking about, I don't understand what your problem with pm'ing me his name is. It would take two seconds and I wouldn't share it with anyone.

Tyler

Archived