Ebay sucks

flying_high

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by blackba

I have bought and sold alot of stuff on ebay. I got most of my amps off of ebay.

My motto, if there is no communication before the sale, there won't be communication after the sale and you likely to get screwed.

Ebay has done alot of changes in the used gear market. In the past it was hard to move gear you didn't want any longer. What were you options, classifieds, garage sales, selling in a music store, pawn shops, etc. Ebay has caused some gear prices to rise, but it has also made it easier to get hard to find items.

While I don't like ebay, I agree with this.

• Members

Originally posted by joeinkc2

i bought a pool cue last week ad said straight, cue is not. contacted the seller for refund, he threatened me with his gang. did a google search on him. hes 25 in brooklyn park minnesota charged in july of 05 with felon carrying firearm for benefit of a gang. this could get interesting...

you might be out 250. Probably the only pool cues he's seen that aren't straight have been broken over some guys head............compared to that, the stick WAS straight!!

What do you want to do about it? Are you close enough to go see him?? If you don't want to, or can't, then the police are about your only option, but if he shipped it to you across state lines, I think there is some Federal Fraud involved. How did you pay for the item? show us a link to the auction.

Who knows, maybe the local crime task force will want to use you in an undercover operation to bring this gang down!! probably just a bunch of punks anyway.

• Members

I dont know how to post a link, search predator cues sold in last 2 weeks, it sold for 230.00 plus 22.00 s&i. hes in minnesota, im in dallas. paid by debit through paypal. this reard filed a claim that i havent paid and he sent out the stick. lol. i guess he doesnt believe paypal has record of money coming out of my account and him transferring it out of his.

• Members

ERR WHAT:? THE AUCTION HAD A PIC, SAID IT WAS STRAIGHT, THE GUY ONLY BOUGHT, THIS WAS HIS FIRST SALE, ALL GOOD FEEDBACK B EFORE THIS. WHATS YOUR ANSWER TO THIS?

Why are you screaming? Maybe you were screaming at the seller too? Anyway,you provided something into the seller's background that is useful. First sale,maybe they don't really realize what is expected of a seller. Also,did you bother establishing and communication before you bid? That can certainly shed some light.

• Members

ERR WHAT:? THE AUCTION HAD A PIC, SAID IT WAS STRAIGHT, THE GUY ONLY BOUGHT, THIS WAS HIS FIRST SALE, ALL GOOD FEEDBACK B EFORE THIS. WHATS YOUR ANSWER TO THIS?

first. learn to spell/type.

second. learn how to communicate with a person. screaming at a person giving you advice is typically not considered good communication. just FYI

third. said what was straight? what are you talking about? if you bought a speaker and expected it to be straight, then nothing can help you, but if you got shafted on, say, a guitar's neck, then that's different. but since i dont' know, i can't answer you.

fourth. unless a seller is very communicative, i don't buy from new sellers. i wouldn't buy a book written by a guy who can't read, either.

• Members

Don't pay $250 for a cue off of e-bay.

• Members

first of all bullhead, im sure im smarter than you, and peavey no doubt im smarter than a guy who names himself after a {censored}ty band and a {censored}ty amp. do you have a limit as to what you spend on {censored}ty peaveys from ebay? clearly you talk out of the side of your neck, pool sticks need to be straight dumbass.

• Members

bullhead- do you really think im here for advice from a moron from ma? please, everyone i ever met from ma is borderline retarded.

Massachusetts is the state in the union with the highest rate of higher education.
link

so unless you think education = stupidity, better luck next time.

either way, i'm not the fool who got screwed on a $250 pool cue :thu: :thu: :thu:

• Members

No people suck. Ebay is just a place for people to get together (virtually) and suck. However, my guess is if you took a percentage of people who got screwed on eBay vs. the number of people who have gottend screwed say on the Harmony Central Classifieds, you'd realize how much Harmony Central sucks. It's just that eBay probably does about 100,000 times as many transactions than are done on HC and so you hear about it more.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Well,that's how you could tell he/she's a troll. Saying they were smarter than anyone.

well... the all caps also kinda gave it away. and the goofy gang member story, and the massachusetts comment.

• Members
Originally posted by tlbonehead

And still more evidence.

ass{censored}, its clear you dont know {censored} about {censored}, so keep sitting there in your moms house posting nonsense. 53,000 posts on a website= virgin.

• Members

bullhead suck my cock. nobody said hey douchebag tell me your theory. and more like menstrate, not mensa

This HAS to be a joke. If not- joeinkc2: people can say what they want to on the web, but your comments are both illogical and hopelessly misspelled, DICK!

Archived