Shall we stick a fork in the Dallas Mavericks?

batotman

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

When does stackhouse come back? (Total bull{censored})

I still don't know what happened for him to get suspended.

I tuned in in the second half last night and they said he was, but never said why.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Attila

According to one news piece I read, it said that Cuban started yelling at one of the referees, and on his way off the floor, stopped near the scorer's table ---
there, they said he just glared at NBA commish Stern

What....like if Stern is scared of him. LMAO !!!

I hope Cuban does not get a ring. I can already imagine all the crying, whining, conspiracy theory blogs that he'll write over the summer. Being down 3-2, he probably already has all those pre written and is ready to copy an paste his BS all over the web.

• Members

Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

He gets pretty down on himself for having bad games. I don't think he was complaining about the other team, or anything like that. I could be wrong though.......

I used to think so. But watching him flop around all series, falling down with just a bit of contact. GOod old European ball, I guess. But then I watched Wade get hacked to death. All game long with barely a side glance at the refs.

I'm not a Mavs fan (used to be), but I think Stack getting suspended was wrong. It was a very hard foul not playing on the ball. He just reached in and grabbed Shaq across the arms....like I Said not even playing the ball. That is simply a technical.

However, I guess the ref's made their point, huh? With Reilly Ball and Stack's reputation, the series could get out of control.

Watch Nowitski flop around. It about makes you sick to your stomach.

• Members

Originally posted by nvcreations

care to elaborate?

I think the reason that he got suspended was because it looks like he went for Shaq's head and didnt make a play on the ball.

I didnt read that anywhere...its just a guess.

• Members
Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

Josh Howard called the ill fated Timeout. The Mavs coaches were trying to tell him to shut up.
;)

If you look at the replay, Avery Johnson clearly made the motion for a 30 second time out which Howard saw. Johnson tried to wave it off after realizing his mistake.

• Members

it was an obvious flagrant. I dont think a lot of people here know the definition and the penalty of a flagrant. watch that vid I posted, they even discuss it.

Shaq was pissed, he was gonna go after stackhouse, but wade held him down.

I know. I was watching the game when that happened. I feel that it was a good call and I have no problem with and agree with the suspension. Wade was smart to hold shaq down and not let him pick up his second technical foul.

• Members

Ya, I watched the game last night...what a nail biter! Avery {censored}ed up. He got all freaked out at Wade getting ready to shoot that next point. And spazzed out and called time...Then tried to reverse it....But as I see it the Mavs missed several opportunities to score prior.

• Members

Don't underestimate the importance of home court. Really good teams win at home most of the time, so I think that's what you're seeing in this series. Really great teams do it on the road to!

Take this thing back to Dallas and you will see a much different Mavericks team.

Also, don't forget that Miami really needed some luck and an "all world" performance by Wade to win two of the last three games.

• Members
Originally posted by RonniePentatonic

Of course the SUNS would have already been done with Miami if it werent for Dallas.
:(

:D probably right

dallas gave them game 3, played horrible game 4, and game 5 could've gone either way, so i don't think it's over just yet...but it will be much harder to win the last 2 than the first 2, imo

• Members
Originally posted by thriftyshirt

However, we did see Nowitski stomping around the hallway, kicking over chairs and exercise machines, and throwing things in the warmup room like a giant German baby. Not what I expected from a player who seemed like such a class act otherwise.

Ditto. I still think overall by NBA standards Nowitzki is still among the best behaved players among superstars by all reports. He may have been pissed about the horrible call (IMHO) the ref made against him that essentially lost the game for them right at the end. He was probably upset with himself for missing a critical foul shot at the end, too. Regardless, though that was pretty lame behavior even if the motivation is understandable.

As for the Stackhouse suspension it's absurd, IMHO. I think the collision was pretty hard but it just didn't look intentionally violent to me.

With regard to the hacky shaq defense, I agree that it is lame, although Shaq has very little excuse for being as pathetic as he is from the line with his second-string-Junior-High-center free throw average.

Random observations (from a Finals-only NBA fan ;) ):
Overall, I'm pretty unimpressed with the Mavericks for as good as they supposedly were in the regular season. Jason Terry is the only player who has consistently stepped up. I'm really surprised because I thought Nowitzki was supposed to be amazing but he seems to be a total 'streak' player in this context.

Dwayne Wade is amazing when he's on but if they shut him down Miami is f*cked. Shaq is really nearly as much a liability as he is a force.

Cuban acts like an ass. I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas lose solely to see him go ape.

FWIW, I'm fairly impartial but I'm more or less rooting for the Heat since my six year old son loves them/Shaq but I'm pretty underwhelmed by either team. Terry and Wade are probably the two most exciting players in the finals, so far.

Ten bucks says Dallas wins the next game.

• Members

Originally posted by Elric

As for the Stackhouse suspension it's absurd, IMHO. I think the collision was pretty hard but it just didn't look intentionally violent to me.

this is what I am talking about, people not knowing what a flagrant is. It does NOT rely on a foul being "intentionally violent."

a flagrant is unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent OR unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent. It is an unsportsmanlike act and the offender is ejected immediately

• Members

this is what I am talking about, people not knowing what a flagrant is. It does NOT rely on a foul being "intentionally violent."

a flagrant is unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent OR
unnecessary and excessive contact
committed by a player against an opponent. It is an unsportsmanlike act and the offender is ejected immediately

I'm not sure the NBA was thinking about someone the size of Shack when they came up with that rule.

It's hard to judge just how hard to hit him so he won't get the easy lay-up because the defender is being nice.

He's an enormous and very strong man. How hard is hard?

Geez, he simply turns around and knocks everyone over. How do you foul him back?

Tough call.

Stackhouse's foul was very hard but when you only have a split second to make the decision to foul...it makes it tough to gauge.

How many times have people intentionally fouled Shack only to watch him take the foul like a Mosquito and make the easy 1ft shot.

• Members

a flagrant is unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent OR
unnecessary and excessive contact
committed by a player against an opponent. It is an unsportsmanlike act and the offender is ejected immediately

I wasn't aware of that rule. I thought it was the technical....free throws and possesion of the ball.

Now "fighting" is ejection.

Archived