My Epi valve jr. came in yesterday.

mr.pmslaney

• Members
Originally posted by mr.palmsley

It is really nice.

If you don't, pretty much, buy one of these amps I think you're probably stupid, so go get one.

:)

It's cool looking on top of that tower of..... yah.....
I don't believe I have seen or played one of the head version. It's size remind me of my old reverb tank

• Members
Originally posted by TheSmizartFool

It's cool looking on top of that tower of..... yah.....

I don't believe I have seen or played one of the head version. It's size remind me of my old reverb tank

I've been trying to make it sound bad and I just haven't been able to.:thu:

I really can't believe it's only $99.95 plus abiout $4.00 shipping.

...crazy cool sounding.

It has a voice that stands out and will be lusted after in years to come.

I still can't believe how good it sounds.:eek:

I put a ts-9 808 and brown mod in front of it and it cranked right up to that 80's metal sound (with the pedals' knobs all set at noon) but kept the cool unique voice.:cool:

• Members

your giving me gas.......

:D

I think I want one now but alas I have to pay off my twin reverb
:cry:

I'll buy one next month
:idea:

Just get on the list, they take a while to actually get one. :mad:

so order one now and you'll get it next month.:idea::thu:

• Members

where did you order from?

zzounds.

In all fairness, they were pretty damn good about getting it to me: I would order it and then cancel it, I would re-order it,,,, and so on. Finally I ordered it at the right time before I cancelled it again.

Actually I had forgotten that I ordered it, remembered that I ordered it, checked out the "tracking" info, for {censored}s and the damn thing actually shipped!!!!:love:

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

I've had mine for maybe three months. Its cute,that's about it,IMO.

hey,

U literally post in every single thread about this amp. and u say the same {censored}. whats the point? U obviously have nothing to say about this amp, we all know that u didnt really like it.

• Members

Originally posted by inkwachemis

hey,

U literally post in every single thread about this amp. and u say the same {censored}. whats the point? U obviously have nothing to say about this amp, we all know that u didnt really like it.

So you're saying all posts regarding amps should be 'pro' that amp, or not post at all?

That might be misleading to someone who is wanting the amp..and oddly enough only finds good reviews because others aren't allowed to post.

On a side note...bonehead you do tend to post 90% negative {censored} on this forum. This buds for you 'I don't have anything nice to say but {censored} you I'm going ot say it anyways' guy.

*insert budweiser real men of genius music*

• Members

hey,

He literally posts in every single thread about everything. Usually with a negative/rude remark or a lame attempt to be funny. But...I do believe he always gives his honest opinion about gear, whether I agree or not. I haven't tried the VJ head, just the combo. The combo sucked, and wasn't worth $90 out the door, but I hear the head is better.

• Members

Originally posted by feintguitarist

So you're saying all posts regarding amps should be 'pro' that amp, or not post at all?

That might be misleading to someone who is wanting the amp..and oddly enough only finds good reviews because others aren't allowed to post.

On a side note...bonehead you do tend to post 90% negative {censored} on this forum. This buds for you 'I don't have anything nice to say but {censored} you I'm going ot say it anyways' guy.

*insert budweiser real men of genius music*

nono. I am interested in all opinons on any gear review. good or bad. however, pretty much ANY thread about this amp (do a search), you'll find him saying the same old stuff about it in a very dry way. gets old.

I actually dont notice his posts in any other thread other than these threads.

• Members

I've had mine for maybe three months. Its cute,that's about it,IMO.

It would be more than cute if you would do the mods and change the tubes. Mine kicks major ass now.

• Members
Originally posted by mister kyo

it has 10 times the gain of a 5150, and twice the volume.

OWOwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWowowOWOWOWow0w0w0wOWOWOWOw0w0w0w0wOWOWOWOWOWOwOWOWOWOWoWOWOwOWOWOwOWOWOWOWOWOWow00wWOWOWOWWowoOWow00wWOWOWOWWwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWowowOWOwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWowowOWOWOWow0w0w0wOWOWOWOw0w0w0w0wOWOWOWOWOWOwOWOWOWOW0woWOWOwOWOWOwOWOWOWOWOWOWow00wWOWOWOWWowoOWow00wWOWOWOWWwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWoWOWO0woWOWOwOWOWOwOWOWOWOWOWOWow00wWOWOWOWWowoOWow00wWOWOWOWWwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWowowOWOwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWowowOWOWOWow0w0w0wOWOWOWOw0w0w0w0wOWOWOWOWOWOwOWOWOWOW0woWOWOwOWOWOwOWOWOWOWOWOWow00wWOWOWOWWowoOWow00wWOWOWOWWwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWoWOWOWow0w0w0wOWOWOWOw0w0w0w0wOWOWOWOWOWOwOWOWOWOW0wWOWOWoWOWO0woWOWOwOWOWOwOWOWOWOWOWOWow00wWOWOWOWWowoOWow00wWOWOWOWWwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWowowOWOwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWowowOWOWOWow0w0w0wOWOWOWOw0w0w0w0wOWOWOWOWOWOwOWOWOWOW0woWOWOwOWOWOwOWOWOWOWOWOWow00wWOWOWOWWowoOWow00wWOWOWOWWwowowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWoWOWOWow0w0w0wOWOWOWOw0w0w0w0wOWOWOWOWOWOwOWOWOWOWoWOWOwOWOWOwOWOWOWOWOWOWow00wWOWOWOWow00wwOw0w0wowOWOWOW0wow0w0w0wOWOWOWowowOWOWOWow0w0w0wOWOWOWOw0w0w0w0wOWOWOWOWOWOwOWOWOWOW0woWOWOwOWOWOwOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWow00wwOwo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1111!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm geting myself one!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Members

hey,

Obviously everybody doesn't know everybody's opinion about the amp because they keep making new posts about it. Right? It isn't like I keep making the same post in the same thread. You ok with that?

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

Personally, I tried one and thought it was a complete POS. A gimmic for fools who think anything with tubes must be good. This thing sounds worse than most solid state amps I've heard.

They are not worth at {censored} without changing the tubes and doing the resistor and capacitor changes. These units are built like a tank and sound great with the mods. Only thing that Epi should do is make the OT a bit bigger. A lot of guys are changing it out with a Hammond 125dse and this gives the amp a lot more depth. Epi is doing a good job fixing all the complaints they had with the first models. The bad hum is now fixed. They are now using DC voltage to run the tube heaters.

• Members
Originally posted by Pepi

It would be more than cute if you would do the mods and change the tubes. Mine kicks major ass now.

I've tried about 4-5 different preamp tubes and three different power tubes. And about 1/2 dozen of my cabs. I hope I'm allowed to post this info.:wave:

• Members

I've tried about 4-5 different preamp tubes and three different power tubes. And about 1/2 dozen of my cabs. I hope I'm allowed to post this info.
:wave:

That's interesting because I can't make that amp sound bad.

Maybe you guys that don't like this amp aren't looking for this type of amp in the first place.:thu:

All hail Mesa Boogie!!!:love:

Some of you guys would argue about tits.:rolleyes::p

• Members

I think you can make any amp sound good if you gut it and rebuild the whole damn thing....

Sorry but I don't buy bad sounding amps with hopes that I might polish the turd into something half decent sounding. Plus I heard one with mods and it still sounded weak. It's fine that you like it and I think it's fine that I thought it sounded like crap.

Am I not looking for this type of amp in the first place? What kind of amp is that? A harsh, flat sounding amp that sounds even worse as you turn it up? No, I am not looking for that in an amp thanks.

Originally posted by Pepi

They are not worth at {censored} without changing the tubes and doing the resistor and capacitor changes. These units are built like a tank and sound great with the mods. Only thing that Epi should do is make the OT a bit bigger. A lot of guys are changing it out with a Hammond 125dse and this gives the amp a lot more depth. Epi is doing a good job fixing all the complaints they had with the first models. The bad hum is now fixed. They are now using DC voltage to run the tube heaters.

• Members

i have modded mine and have an old pull EL84 RCA (circa 1963) and a 12AX7C. mine sounds like a little class-a, thicker marshall, running through sheffield 1200 speakers (peavey's greenbacks). through some jensen C12Qs, it can nail the whitestripe's "ball and biscuit."

Archived