Need a digital piano for home practice

• Members

Can anyone recommend a digital piano for practicing in an apartment? I would love built in speakers, and all I really need is a decent piano sound. I like the Roland 300 and 700, but I would like to get speakers built in if possible. Obviously the cheaper the better, while still having half decent action.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

• Members

If you're looking for "decent piano sound" and good action, consider watching CL or Kijiji for good home "digital pianos." The better ones (Roland, Yamaha, ??) have a very nice action, speakers, and good sounds. And they tend to go for not much money (under $500) because there really isn't much of a market for them second hand.

Here's an example from my local Kijiji. A very high-end piano going begging for a home. With the MIDI out, you also have a wonderful controller for the software piano of your choice.

• Members

I'm pretty sure the Roland FP-4 action is the same as the RD-300GX and the FP-7 is equivalent to the RD-700GX, but the FPs have speakers built in.

From Yamaha, the P155 and CP300 both have speakers and share the Graded Hammer keybed.

Kawai: ES6

Casio: PX-130 or PX-330

If only there were some easy way to compare the key actions...

• Members

You might also check new Yamaha P-95 (due out in June).

Built-in speakers of Yamaha P155 were actaully quite impressive at G.C. Much better than >$2000 stage pianos + Behringer Keyb Amp combos. Action was also decent. I guess P-95 would have similar quality, with much less than $1000.

• Members

Yamaha P155. Same touch as Yamaha CP33. built-in speakers. around $850-900 these days. FP4 is overpriced. I thought there's a Kawai which is under 1K also, with built-in speakers. I've had the SP250, too tiring after a short while.

Archived