WOT: This guy Alexi Laiho Sucks!!!

JohnRageOn

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Snakebite20

Okay now guys tell me this:

In the thread about Laiho vs. Petrucci, the score was 43-40 in favor of Petrucci (including my vote but the poll was closed). Why the hell do people SUDDENLY think Laiho is {censored}? LOL!

Okay now that I've got this off my chest, I have the video in question in my computer and his playing is very clean and tight, his tone is searing (but quite nice) and he shreds as much as he ever did on the Synergy albums I have. I don't see the problem here, or why people defend him saying is playing was not 100% ?

As I said in the other thread, he's NO Petrucci, but he's no slouch either and I don't see the need to bash him, especially his vibrato? What is WRONG with his vibrato exactly? I think it's a really nice wide vibrato just like I love it.

And about his comments on DT....I'm sure many here agree that DT is a wank fest (me first), but the whole point is that WE LIKE this kind of wank fest. Why do people refrain from the cold truth? He never said DT guys were bad players (quite the opposite actually), he just said that they're a bunch of shredheads that make shreddy music.

Ohh and BTW, I HATE COB to no end, while I dig most of the DT material but not metropolis part II and six degrees...YUCK, I much prefer TOT and Octavarium, which is about their best album so far IMO.

Peace,

Snake

If you'll watch the Young Guitar video I'm sure you will understand me! I found it on eMule and a friend suggested me to download it!

• Members

Originally posted by Snakebite20

Okay now guys tell me this:

In the thread about Laiho vs. Petrucci, the score was 43-40 in favor of Petrucci (including my vote but the poll was closed). Why the hell do people SUDDENLY think Laiho is {censored}? LOL!

Okay now that I've got this off my chest, I have the video in question in my computer and his playing is very clean and tight, his tone is searing (but quite nice) and he shreds as much as he ever did on the Synergy albums I have. I don't see the problem here, or why people defend him saying is playing was not 100% ?

As I said in the other thread, he's NO Petrucci, but he's no slouch either and I don't see the need to bash him, especially his vibrato? What is WRONG with his vibrato exactly? I think it's a really nice wide vibrato just like I love it.

And about his comments on DT....I'm sure many here agree that DT is a wank fest (me first), but the whole point is that WE LIKE this kind of wank fest. Why do people refrain from the cold truth? He never said DT guys were bad players (quite the opposite actually), he just said that they're a bunch of shredheads that make shreddy music.

Ohh and BTW, I HATE COB to no end, while I dig most of the DT material but not metropolis part II and six degrees...YUCK, I much prefer TOT and Octavarium, which is about their best album so far IMO.

Peace,

Snake

when i saw COB in Dec 2004, they MADE me get off my ass and start practicing. i loved the music, and had been listening to it before i saw them, but seeing Alexi live, 3 feet from me, kicking ass while singing, and while having good stage presence, was amazing. he plays the same stuff live as in the studio, and although he may make mistakes, we all do. were not perfect!

Alexi IMO is a great player and has a long way to go. hes 26 right? about the same age as me. sure, we have Vai's, and Satrianis, and Lynchs...we have great players here. i think Laiho is an excellent player, who doenst show everything he can do on the CoB stuff. Synergy is much different, and many people dont know about that.

as for Petrucci...i love him too...but i do agree that sometimes i think the music is a little too thought out. i love everything theyve done, but John's soloing is becoming LAME!!! on ToT and Octavarium all ive heard is literal wank wank wank...nothing really musical or ear pleasing...just wank fests. however Alexi continues to play stuff that has melody and fits the music.

to each his own...i love Bodom, Alexi's playing kicked my ass and got a fire started and even though im not where i wanna be, im getting there. although ill never be as good as i want to be...eh, if youre ever satisfied its over IMO. you can always improve!

Archived