WOT: This guy Alexi Laiho Sucks!!!

JohnRageOn

• Members

I've seen this Young Guitar Instructional video that he made and the guy totally sucked. His technique sucks, his tone sucks and the most important of all he has an awful vibrato plus he seems to be on drugs(ok that's his personnal problem)!

I can't understand the hype about this guy and COB. Are we in lack of guitar heroes nowadays???

Eg. I might not like Nevermore and Loomis' tone on all albums but I respect him a lot. Jeff kicks ass for sure and has some wicked leads, but this guy Alexi should give it a day IMHO.

And there are other great players like Loomis nowadays... There's no need for Laihos.

Discuss...

ROUND 1...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Take a look at what he said:

In April of 2005 Alexi generated a considerable amount of unrest in the metal guitar community when, in an interview with Guitar World magazine, he referred to popular prog metal act Dream Theater as "super lame" going on to say "It's not even music; it's sports." The magazine also referred to Dream Theater as Laiho's "favorite whipping boys." In January 2006 issue of the same magazine, reader Brad Bailey asked "Why did you make those lame comments about Dream Theater in GW? You're a fine player, but comments like those just make people lose respect for you. Did you know it caused a big stir?" to which Laiho responded "{censored}. Well, apparently it did. First of all, I think it's really funny that people trash bands and musicians every day on the internet, and nobody gives a {censored}. But once you say something like that- which wasn't even too bad- in a magazine, all of a sudden you're the biggest dick on the earth. But truthfully, I don't know why I said that. I was having a bad day or something. Obviously, John Petrucci is a better player then I am, and it's not my place to talk {censored} about him."

Who's this goon that criticizes Petrucci!

I find him very ghey!!!

• Members

Originally posted by JohnRageOn

I've seen this Young Guitar Instructional video that he made and the guy totally sucked. His technique sucks, his tone sucks and the most important of all he has an awful vibrato plus he seems to be on drugs(ok that's his personnal problem)!

I can't understand the hype about this guy and COB. Are we in lack of guitar heroes nowadays???

Eg. I might not like Nevermore and Loomis' tone on all albums but I respect him a lot. Jeff kicks ass for sure and has some wicked leads, but this guy Alexi should give it a day IMHO.

And there are other great players like Loomis nowadays... There's no need for Laihos.

Discuss...

ROUND 1...

Which young guitar video did you see? The latest one with his new ESP and Marshall? Yeah, that one really sucks. Look for the one called "passage to the reaper". It's much better, he plays better, his tone is better (Jackson). He's playing Vivaldi's Summer there,

• Members

Originally posted by Metal|Boy

Which young guitar video did you see? The latest one with his new ESP and Marshall? Yeah, that one really sucks. Look for the one called "passage to the reaper". It's much better, he plays better, his tone is better (Jackson). He's playing Vivaldi's Summer there,

EDIT: I just saw the link :)

That post is useless without a link or some form of clip.

• Members

Originally posted by Metal|Boy

Thanks for you reply!

Yep I saw this vid that you say with the white ESP!

I can't believe he would be much better on the other vid that you mentioned unless he practiced for 2 years straight 24 hrs a day, but what about his vibrato, these things don't change so easy!

BTW Have u seen Kee Marcello's instructional doing Paganini Caprices!!!

• Members

Originally posted by JohnRageOn

Thanks for you reply!

Yep I saw this vid that you say with the white ESP!

I can't believe he would be much better on the other vid that you mentioned unless he practiced for 2 years straight 24 hrs a day, but what about his vibrato, these things don't change so easy!

BTW Have u seen Kee Marcello's instructional doing Paganini Caprices!!!

Trust me. he IS much better in that other video! Check out the link! He's playing is going downhill lately IMO. Must be that arm accident that he had some time ago. he also said in interviews that he doesn't play as much as he used to.

I'm going to check out that Kee Marcello now...

• Members

Whoa, how is the one guy getting those violin-like sounds? Is it some type of synth effect?

And JohnRageOn, maybe you should judge by the music he writes. I don't even really like Children Of Bodom, but they have a bazillion different parts and good riffs in every song, and I actually kind of like their guitar solos, which are memorable and usually have a melody that fits the song.

I haven't heard very much Nevermore, but it wasn't entirely musical in comparison, and the only technical ability I really noticed exhibited in the guitar playing was some extremely anti-musical shred solos, so I don't really know why you are comparing the two. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Whoa, how is the one guy getting those violin-like sounds? Is it some type of synth effect?

And JohnRageOn, maybe you should judge by the music he writes. I don't even really like Children Of Bodom, but they have a bazillion different parts and good riffs in every song, and I actually kind of like their guitar solos, which are memorable and usually have a melody that fits the song.

I haven't heard very much Nevermore, but it wasn't entirely musical in comparison, and the only technical ability I really noticed exhibited in the guitar playing was some extremely anti-musical shred solos, so I don't really know why you are comparing the two.
:freak:

I don't compare Loomis with Laiho. There's really no need! And believe me I don't like Nevermore. I refered to him as an example because there's hype about him too! Loomis is good guitarist!

What about Mathias Eklundh?

• Members

Originally posted by Nutter

Laiho doesn't suck. No he's no Loomis, but Laiho's work with Sinergy on their last album is just outstanding, much better than his Bodom stuff IMO.

Good for him:

Now take a look at the SACRILEGE commited!

They tried to perform final countdown :D :D :D

Archived