Nord Electro midi drawbar module

• Members

It has been discussed before somewhere.. It could be useful, but they're not really drawbars, more like sliders. I'd rather press the drawbuttons than spending money on a product that wants to be a drawbar module but isn't...

• Members

does that really make a difference, though? it seems to be functionally the same. he says that the spacing and travel distance is the same as a hammond.

Well, to me it does. Back when I had the Electro 2 rack I used it with my novation X-station with the sliders set up as drawbars. It worked, but I'd rather pushed the drawbuttons if they weren't far away in my rack :p.

• Members

Personally, I'd like to have one. Admittedly, I've never used real drawbars. But whenever I use the drawbars I'm reminded that any physical substitute of drawbars would allow me to play more organically and use the drawbars rhythmically - the LED's move at a constant speed, which is the greatest handicap to me.

It's just sad that it's so delayed. He planned on having it finished by christmas. But nevertheless I have the greatest respect for a single guy who sets out to do this. He definitely has my money.

Archived