How's this tone sound?

martindcx1e

• Members

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

Are you the site owner? Avoid service interruptions in the future by increasing your data transfer limit! Find out how.

Learn more about data transfer.

• Members

Yeah, add a bass and drums and that guitar is going to disappear in a big sea o' mud. Lower the gain, too. I always recommend using as little gain as you can stand - you can always add gain, but you can't take it away in a mix - and it adds clarity.

I also recommend never trying to learn how to set your amp up for recording without a backing clip of the types of bass and drums sounds you are going to use in general.

Any guitar track I have recorded sounds like hammered ass when solo'd, but when mixed (I use 4-8 guitar tracks from 2-4 different amps/cabs), they sound better. Its the nature of the beast.

I am always shocked at how my amps are EQed when I record, moving knobs just by listening rather than looking.

• Members

Way too much gain. On the second clip, you can hear a ton of noise when you stop playing. Are you using a distortion pedal? I would turn the bass and treble down a bit as well. Keep the mids up a bit. Repost another clip when you've adjusted the settings.

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

6 is probably the best. What's your rig? It has this kind of mushy, buzzsawish sound that is a bit annoying.

i know what you mean. it's just guitar rig 2 right now. i'm trying to get rid of that.

Archived