Peavey Classic 50 clip

guitarbilly74

• Members
Originally posted by hiwaychild

The guitar playing was sweet-

could you go into a little detail about your setup- guitar/tube brand/pedals?/speakers/any mods?

:cool:

Sure, here we go:

Guitar: stock SG std.

Tubes: Groove Tubes

Speaker, mic etc: Well I am actually running the amp through a home made attenuator/load box and an Ultra G speaker emulator straight into the mixer. :cool:

EQ settings:
Pre 10
Post 8
Bass 8
Mids 5
Treble 6
Master 11 ( :D )
Presence 9

FX: Vox V830 Distortion/booster with the Gain, Tone and Level all set at 12 o' clock. (for faster parts only)

The delay is a factory preset on the g-major.

That's it :)

• Members

that sounds great!!
tone is awesome and your playing is amazing!
:thu:

and about you setup,
you're basiclly runing :
guitar --> dist pedal -->PV's preamp -->home made attenuator/load box -->ultra G --> mixer--> sound card?

• Members

Originally posted by JPOM

you're basiclly runing :

guitar --> dist pedal -->PV's preamp -->home made attenuator/load box -->ultra G --> mixer--> sound card?

yeah that's it (except that the Peavey is not a preamp, it is a head). And I have the G-major in the loop for delay.

But 99% of the clip is just the amp's natural OD, I just used the dist pedal for a little extra gain some of tthe fast passages.

• Members
Originally posted by JPOM

and about you setup,

you're basiclly runing :

And I listened to the clip thinking I was gonna hear the Peavey Classic 50......my bad. :freak:

• Members

I guess if I wanted people to hear the sound of my amp, I would just stick a mic in front of the speaker and skip all the pedals and boxes....

Dont get me wrong, the guitar sound in the clip is awesome, great licks, etc........

I recently caught the Peavey Classic 30 fever, so I have straight unmitigated Classic 30 sound all on my brain right now....

• Members

Originally posted by soundchaser59

I guess if I wanted people to hear the sound of my amp, I would just stick a mic in front of the speaker and skip all the pedals and boxes....

I hear you, but I live in a small apartment and I can't really mic a tube amp here..

Anyway, the tone on the clip is pretty much what the amp sounds like in real life. The only parts where I used the dist pedal are the faster licks but I am using the pedal more like a clean boost.

The slow licks and the rhythm parts are 100% amp distortion

glad to hear you like the C30.. I have a C30 as well.. IMHO, Peavey Classic series is one the best sounding amps in the market, and the price is sweet too.

I'm dying to try the new Windsor though.

• Members

Somebody grab me a shovel, cause I dig it. I gotta check into an attenuater, I have a classic-50 4x10 and I can't get close to that tone without blowing the hats off the neighbors down the block.:o

• Members

The playing was real cool! I liked that thing you did around 00:53. The tone kinda reminds me of Vai.

Anyway, I'm still deciding between the Classic 30 and the Traynor ycv40. How well does the Peavey do cleans? Could you post a clip?

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by Jokoker

The playing was real cool! I liked that thing you did around 00:53. The tone kinda reminds me of Vai.

Anyway, I'm still deciding between the Classic 30 and the Traynor ycv40. How well does the Peavey do cleans? Could you post a clip?

Thanks.

ok.. here is a clip that I put together really quick.. the clip itself is not really all good but it does show the Classic clean tones quite well

http://www.bill-lima.com/peaveyclassicdemoclean.mp3

between the traynor and the peavey, the peavey wins hand down IMHO.. the Traynor is also a good amp though

• Members

Originally posted by IKE

Somebody grab me a shovel, cause I dig it. I gotta check into an attenuater,

man the attenuator really changed my life!! I used to have one rig for small gigs, one for large gigs, one for home practice etc.. and I could never get consistent results from one rig to the other..

Now I can use the same rig for everything, thanks to the attenuator. It's a MUST HAVE for anyone who digs tube tone (and who doesn't?)

• Members
Originally posted by blima

ok.. here is a clip that I put together really quick.. the clip itself is not really all good but it does show the Classic clean tones quite well

http://www.bill-lima.com/peaveyclassicdemoclean.mp3

between the traynor and the peavey, the peavey wins hand down IMHO.. the Traynor is also a good amp though

Thanks man. :thu: I really appreciate it. Once again, sweet playing!

• Members

I'm going to have to say both clips sound amazing to me!! What a great amp for the price. Well done.

Perhaps that knucklehead that called himself "an elitist" in another thread around here needs to check this clip.....considering he essentially called Peavey and Carvin amps crap. :rolleyes:

Archived