And so it begins...

• Members

That looks pretty good to me. I really don't have any convenient way to look at sheet music around my synths (computer-free setup), so this could really be useful for that.

Do they explain how to put the sheet music in there? Is it preloaded?

• Members

That looks pretty good to me. I really don't have any convenient way to look at sheet music around my synths (computer-free setup), so this could really be useful for that.

Do they explain how to put the sheet music in there? Is it preloaded?

That's a good question. It says it comes with a ton of music already preloaded (public domain I'm assuming), but as far as getting other stuff in there, I dunno.

Though something like this might be bad...as it would shatter the illusion that I'm some mad, musical genius with scores scattered all around my studio in stacks. :D

• Members

Though something like this might be bad...as it would shatter the illusion that I'm some mad, musical genius with scores scattered all around my studio in stacks.
:D

Reminds me that I definitely need to elevate the genius vibe in my studio. Because it certainly ain't gonna come from the music :facepalm:

• Members

Imagine one of these on every stand in a symphony...using WiFi to sync up with the conductor's baton...no more awkward page turning, since the screen changes automatically at the proper moment...no more playing the wrong song because you messed up the order of your sheet music in the folder...

• Members

thats the one good use for it I can think of. it was funny that i actually heard of a digital sheet music player after i had heard of the ipad.

until they implement some sort of force feed back at the touch points, i'm not going to feel comfortable using it.

• Members

I use a tablet PC with a 14" display for my music. I flip the display around and put the whole thing on the music stand. It works great. I can have my sheet music and music apps running all at the same time. I got it off eBay for $350.00. Not a bad deal. 2.0 dual core procesor. It runs pretty fast.

until they implement some sort of force feed back at the touch points, i'm not going to feel comfortable using it.

You know, this is important, indeed: I do not see an iPad as the definitive substitute for a dedicated control surface, in the case of a DAW, or the "best" drum pad, or anything. I will still need to feel the faders in my fingers for doing serious mixing and the keys and pads of a dedicated hardware controller.

It is a cool device, with new possibilities. Among them, controlling DAWs, having sheet music digitally, making music with built-in soft synths, surfing the web, reading books, writing e-mails... etc.

I want one, badly, but as a complement for my studio and portable / mobile setup.

I can even think on making an entire electronic music performance with iPads. That would be cool. But still, I'm keeping my synths and computers and stuff.

• Members

This might actually be useful....certainly better than a fart-app.

Dunno how much it will be.

Not bad.

I had heard of eInk score prototypes, but I had never seen one materialize. I actually wondered why. In many ways, eInk is a better fit for scores than the iPad (I am guessing that eInk is easier to read)... but Apple's developer support is way above and beyond Amazon's third party support...

Archived