reverse spam: VHT CL100....

guitarist17

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

You are crazy my friend. I think you're going to end up like me...just coming back to the 5150 or the Blackmore in the end.
:)

hmmm possibly, but I really dig the vht sound, like really big time man...I like the dryness I guess, and the tightness is just awesome. they are big mean angry sounding amps and I love it :D

Chris

• Members

Well, I don't agree with the dry part (not if they're set up right!), but they are definitely tight, clear, aggressive, warm, punchy, own in a band mix, and record incredibly well straight out of the box. They're pretty deep tweakers though, and you gotta take the time to figure out how to get the most out of them. (but even the more "mediocre" VHT tones sound superior to most amps IMO).
They are killer for higain metal, I don't think anything beats them unless you're looking for sludge and buzz!
Good luck man!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Grendel1

Well, I don't agree with the dry part (not if they're set up right!), but they are definitely tight, clear, aggressive, warm, punchy, own in a band mix, and record incredibly well straight out of the box. They're pretty deep tweakers though, and you gotta take the time to figure out how to get the most out of them. (but even the more "mediocre" VHT tones sound superior to most amps IMO).

They are killer for higain metal, I don't think anything beats them unless you're looking for sludge and buzz!

Good luck man!
:thu:

thanks grendel, i appreciate it :D bump!

• Members

Good luck with your reverse spam, but you might want to add that the EQ is mandatory. It's not that that non-EQ model isn't good, it's excellent actually, but if you're going to spend that kind of coin on an amp, you may as well get one with all the options available. Plus, it will be easier to sell with the EQ. :D

• Members
Originally posted by hal9000

Good luck with your reverse spam, but you might want to add that the EQ is mandatory. It's not that that non-EQ model isn't good, it's excellent actually, but if you're going to spend that kind of coin on an amp, you may as well get one with all the options available. Plus, it will be easier to sell with the EQ.
:D

haha yea, you are right. I just figured it goes without saying, EQ mandatory :D

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

hmmm possibly, but I really dig the vht sound, like really big time man...I like the dryness I guess, and the tightness is just awesome. they are big mean angry sounding amps and I love it

Chris

You seem to want a new amp every couple of days :D.

Last I heard you wanted a 101B :p

• Members
Originally posted by Shiny_Surface

You seem to want a new amp every couple of days

Last I heard you wanted a 101B
:p

haha 101b, yea right haha. I'd love to own one, one day yes. I think its a one hell of a tone machine, but not a reality right now.

Chris :D

Archived