Marshall JCM2000 DSL50 Clips- I know you guys got 'em

metalmania13

• Members

I don't know why I have such a Marshall GAS....I think it has something to do with my friends MG30DFX.

The sound he gets from it is complete {censored} cause he doesn't know what the {censored} is up, but I didnt feel like bringing my CUBE 30 over so I just used hiw amp with his brothers Epi SG SPECIAL II.

IT SOUNDED {censored}ING INCREDIBLE!!! I messed with the knobs, fixed the treble and contour which were disgustingly high and I got an extremely favorable tone.

Anyway, how's the DSL50 for heavier stuff, like say...the occasional downtuned metal or riff driven metal (Pantera).

I ain't looking for exact tones, I'm just looking for gain and sustain levels that will be usable.

I could also throw an OD pedal in front if I had to.

• Members

Originally posted by metalmania13

Anyway, how's the DSL50 for heavier stuff, like say...the occasional downtuned metal or riff driven metal (Pantera).

I ain't looking for exact tones, I'm just looking for gain and sustain levels that will be usable.

I could also throw an OD pedal in front if I had to.

I personnally run an OD pedal in front of the green channel (like on my samples) so I can use the red channel for leads.

My band plays anything from Pink Floyd to Pantera, and it does sound a bit mellow for the Pantera stuff, but it sounds just about right for everything else, including Metallica (just need to use a fat sounding guitar and attack your strings like you're James Hetfield).

• Members

Originally posted by gamedojo2002

I had to sell my friend's DSL100, so I made a few clips to help sell it. So this is all I've got:

Ive never used a Strat or a Tele through mine....nothing with single coils... Is that all the ass its got on the distortion channel?

• Members

Originally posted by Glyder

Ive never used a Strat or a Tele through mine....nothing with single coils... Is that all the ass its got on the distortion channel?

A DSL doesn't make single coils sound fat. Thin in = thin out

(Unlike a Mesa, where every guitar sounds exactly the same :rolleyes: )

• Members

Here's my band doing a quick Red House cover at a jam. The lead player is me with my DSL 50 with all stock tubes.

Guitar is a 1960 Gibson LesPaul Classic reissue (1992 model) with Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro humbuckers in both positions I'm playing the neck pickup throug out the song.

I'm using the OD-1 channel with the gain at around 2 O'clock.

Don't laugh at the sloppy playing at the beginning, I was getting tired. :D

The delay is a BOSS DD-3.

Also, please consider that this was recorded with a Video Camera microphone.

http://www.moneyshotrocks.ca/media/redhouse.mp3

Archived