Would you trade a Framus Cobra for a 2ch Dual Rec and $400?

Beastly

• Members

I'd say yes, although I wouldn't really ever own either amp.

Just based on what the market's doing though, if you're not sure if the Cobra is for you, I've seen alot of Cobra owners trying to unload them without success. If you've got a deal on the table that sounds good for you at all, jump on it...another deal/sale may not come around soon.

• Members

I've thought about doing the same thing recently

except i played my friends recto boosted and then my cobra boosted and i just couldn't let my cobra go, even though i'd be getting an amp plus money, i just couldn't justify letting the cobra go because it sounded that much better than the dual rec.

• Members

i have no idea where this dude is though, it was through ebay he offered. If its alot of shipping, i may think twice, but right now im leaning towards doing it and flipping the rectifier for one of the guitars in my sig......but i'd still rather sell outright i think

• Members

Originally posted by juby

i have no idea where this dude is though, it was through ebay he offered. If its alot of shipping, i may think twice, but right now im leaning towards doing it and flipping the rectifier for one of the guitars in my sig......but i'd still rather sell outright i think

Be careful.

• Members

nobody will buy the cobra outright
thats the best offer ive had in 2 months

otherwise, i agree, if i werent just gonna play the marshall anyway, id rather have a cobra than a dual.....but id rather have an SG and some cash than either of them.....so id sell the dual, woudl be the plan....and around here atleast, very few people even know what a framus is.....but everyone and their younger brother has or wants a dual rectifier, so it would be an easier sell im thinkin

• Members

id say the reason you arent getting and bites on the cobra on eBay is that you have low feedback and are an eBay noob.

if you didnt like the Cobra so much, i dont think you would like the DR. from clips ive heard they sound somewhat similar.

and if youre planning on selling the DR also, keep in mind that since everyone and thier brother is looking for one, then everyone and their brother is also selling one. have you checked eBay? theyre ALWAYS on there, so if you wanna sell it via eBay youre going to have a lot of competition, and people with much higher feedback. with the Cobra you wont have as much, as wouldnt be an easier sell IMO.

so i wouldnt do it if youre not looking for a Recto, which it seems you arent.

• Members

Originally posted by TheArtofBalence

id say the reason you arent getting and bites on the cobra on eBay is that you have low feedback and are an eBay noob.

if you didnt like the Cobra so much, i dont think you would like the DR. from clips ive heard they sound somewhat similar.

and if youre planning on selling the DR also, keep in mind that since everyone and thier brother is looking for one, then everyone and their brother is also selling one. have you checked eBay? theyre ALWAYS on there, so if you wanna sell it via eBay youre going to have a lot of competition, and people with much higher feedback. with the Cobra you wont have as much, as wouldnt be an easier sell IMO.

so i wouldnt do it if youre not looking for a Recto, which it seems you arent.

uhhhh.....good point.

damnit.

Archived