Jazz

dylannelson

• Members

Wynton Kelly Trio and Wes Montgomery's Smokin' At The Half Note is an amazing jazz guitar album, I think..

Also check out Chick Corea's Akoustic Band. Has an interesting cover of Someday My Prince Will Come.

And Tuck Andress' Reckless Precision with his version of Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror.

• Members

Ahhhh i saw John Schofield play in london a few years back. Now theres a guitarist! :eek:

The whole thing got a bit boring though - this particular group (tommy smith on sax i think) - but dam such good musicians.

Miles davis +1 of course

Herbie Hancock +1

Check out a modern jazz band called The bad plus....they do a well cool jazz cover of Ozzy osbournes iron man :p But apart from that they do "modern" wtf is going on jazz.

And maybe alan holsdworth - its kind of more fusion than jazz but still worth the listen!

• Members

Originally posted by KidCharlemagne

Wynton Kelly Trio and Wes Montgomery's Smokin' At The Half Note is an amazing jazz guitar album, I think..

Also check out Chick Corea's Akoustic Band. Has an interesting cover of Someday My Prince Will Come.

And Tuck Andress' Reckless Precision with his version of Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror.

+1000 on all of these. I would throw in the four Virtuoso albums by Joe Pass too. While not traditional jazz, you might check out Leo Kottke or Lawrence Juber for more finger style acoustic.

I have an old Hot Licks VHS of Joe Pass that's pretty good. The Tuck Andress Hot Lick's DVD left me in a fetal position in the corner for a week.

• Members

Originally posted by gennation

Go here:
and sign up for free. You can listen to pretty much everything that everyone's posted so far.

Enjoy.

Two albums that are a MUST...

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Dave Brubeck - Time Out

These two non-guitar albums have spurred inspiration for people like Metheny, Mcalughlin, and Benson for decades.

Mike Dodge is a champion among men!!!!

I will never be worthy:cry:

Archived