OT: Do you believe modern humans descended from a lower life form?(poll)

voodoopower

• Members
Originally posted by Loghead

A third of the Forum believes in Creation or Intelligent Design? That's interesting.

Not really. A 3rd of the forum is sceptical of evolution, and some of the proponents of evolution said they would consider newer better theories. Creationism and ID are only relevant by association.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by MonikerLewinsky

Not really. A 3rd of the forum is sceptical of evolution, and some of the proponents of evolution said they would consider newer better theories. Creationism and ID are only relevant by association.

I see....I guess.

• Members

Originally posted by MonikerLewinsky

I meant following bloodlines through generations, keeping the pool limited to the same level of change but without inbreeding.

My question was could I breed wolves to Great Danes, back to wolves and then to pugs.

So to answer your original question, no. Not the back to wolves bit. We start with just wolves. And we have to assume once they speciate, there is absolutely no interbreeding. You can go wolves -> great danes -> pug -> cat (!) even but not back to the original wolves. If they did, they wouldn't be wolves. They might look and act like them, but they wouldn't be able to breed with the original wolves which means they are essentially a separate species.

• Members
Originally posted by Echoes

and yet, it falls heavier on the synapses than a 'pig' bone that evolutionists tried to turn into an 'ape-man society'...what a joke!
:D

nothing from nothing = nothing
:rolleyes:
are you retarted?

What the hell are you talking about :freak:
Life didn't come from nothing, it came from abiotic molecules replicating in some way :freak:

• Members

Thank you, but this isn't an argument that I find very stimulating.

I find it very interesting that people just accept Macro-Evolution as fact ...without giving it any thoughtful study! The 'worldview' implications if evolution is WRONG is astounding!...

man, put a 'lab coat' on some nerdy looking people and everyone bows down to them as if they were GOD!:eek: believing every word without examining their creditability....and, these are the same people that judge Christians and Darwin dissenters as 'naive dolts' that believe anyone and anything...

probably why Darwinian scientists are so THREATENED with ID and Creationism, cause it attacks their cheesy 'power base':D

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

What the hell are you talking about
:freak:
Life didn't come from nothing, it came from abiotic molecules replicating in some way

LOL!!! hahahahaha...you go girl!...

and, er, where did the molecules come from?

• Members

I find it very interesting that people just accept Macro-Evolution as fact ...without giving it any thoughtful study! The 'worldview' implications if evolution is WRONG is astounding!...

man, put a 'lab coat' on some nerdy looking people and everyone bows down to them as if they were GOD!
:eek:
believing every word without examining their creditability....and, these are the same people that judge Christians and Darwin dissenters as 'naive dolts' that believe anyone and anything...

probably why Darwinian scientists are so THREATENED with ID and Creationism, cause it attacks their cheesy 'power base'
:D

As I understand it, evolutionary biology is a science that seeks to provide answers by using the scientific method, and opponents object to the answers to which evolutionary biology points. Whazza big deal?

• Members
Originally posted by Nutter

So to answer your original question, no. Not the back to wolves bit. We start with just wolves. And we have to assume once they speciate, there is absolutely no interbreeding. You can go wolves -> great danes -> pug -> cat (!)

Originally posted by Nutter

even but not back to the original wolves. If they did, they wouldn't be wolves. They might look and act like them, but they wouldn't be able to breed with the original wolves which means they are essentially a separate species.

So they would be "dumbed down" versions of the originals. Now if this is true (which it is- and provable) how does it help or hurt evolutionary theory?:confused:

It seems to me that the population as a whole of whatever species will lose genetic material over time, but where would it ever gain genetic material necessary to evolve into higher, more complex life forms?

• Members

I'm sure that the conversations between you and your 'jellyfish' buddy are very stimulating!

Less and less stimulating as time goes by. He seems to be frozen in a block of ice like some stone-age man. Actually, he is more of a stoned-age man.

• Members

Originally posted by blargh

I don't know, I can't look back 15 billion years. Unlike you, I don't claim to know all the answers.

Do you really feel the need to know how molecules originated? I never feel this urge. I guess I'm just not the curious sort.

• Members

As I understand it, evolutionary biology is a science that seeks to provide answers by using the scientific method, and opponents object to the answers to which evolutionary biology points. Whazza big deal?

the 'theory' of macro-evolution would not even exist if Darwin was using the scientific method in the first place...he tossed out a 'hypothesis'...

the joke is: evolution scientist find a baby back rib in the trash and with tax payer's money CREATE (yes, 'create') an entire civilization (purley speculative mind you) and then later, when someone finally discovers the HOAX ...they say: yea, but the theory is still good!

it is intellectually dishonest to 'chase' evolution as one ignores the glaring FACTS of design:rolleyes:

how often does chaos arrange into COMPLEX order??? hahahahaha....fools!

• Members

Why do people reject evolution? Most scientists, myself included, are trained to be analytical, unbiased and objective. We simply want to understand the world around us. It doesn't mean that we are atheists. There's room for spirituality alongside science. But the study of evolution isn't about determining whether or not there is a god. Science strives to answer what, where, when and how but NOT why. The study of evolution simply tries to explain how we got here. Nothing more.

So why reject evolution despite the preponderance of evidence? If we scientists felt that ID was a more credible theory we'd certainly embrace it. But it just doesn't hold up to the scientific method. Sorry.

I've thought about this long and hard and I think I have a rough understanding. I think the ID folks are afraid that evolution means there is no god. So if there is no god there is no afterlife and that frightens them. Fear of death is the most basic of emotions, the only thing more frightful is the finality of death.

I'm surprised by the poll results. I figured the results would be more even.

CC

• Members

the 'theory' of macro-evolution would not even exist if Darwin was using the scientific method in the first place...he tossed out a 'hypothesis'...

the joke is: evolution scientist find a baby back rib in the trash and with tax payer's money CREATE (yes, 'create') an entire civilization (purley speculative mind you) and then later, when someone finally discovers the HOAX ...they say: yea, but the theory is still good!

it is intellectually dishonest to 'chase' evolution as one ignores the glaring FACTS of design:rolleyes:

You really are beyond help :freak:

• Members

Darwin's theory, or hypothesis, makes sense to me. It seems to explain quite a bit. Do I want to know how chaos arranges itself into order? Nope. I don't care.

The design bit sounds a bit pointless to me. There would have to have been a sentience to do the designing, and then there would have had to have been a sentience to design that designer, and then there would have had to have been a sentience which designed that designer, which means that M. C. Escher must have evolved from LSD and could be reborn as a hall of mirrors.

• Members

those opposable thumbs evolved over time...trillions of years it took ...and out of the primordial soup? springs up! LogHead! (with opposable thumbs)...hahahahaha...

This explains why I like soup, especially chowder.

• Members
Originally posted by CliffC8488

If we scientists felt that ID was a more credible theory we'd certainly embrace it. But it just doesn't hold up to the scientific method. Sorry.

I've thought about this long and hard and I think I have a rough understanding.

did you hear the one about the scientist that ran into a man's bedroom with a yardstick so he could 'measure' the man's dreams???

hahahahahaha....

as 'if' one could squeeze the origins of our existence into a 'scientific' (ie: naturalistic worldview...:rolleyes: ) method???

gee wizz, the scientist can't measure it with his micrometers and his microscope...therefore! it doesn't exist!:idea: yessir-ee...if I can't explain it in my naturalistic science terms then I'll take my petri dishes and go home! bwaaaahahaha

go back to your lab and stick yer head in the sand...oh! and keep ignoring the OVERWHELMING evidence for a design to our universe (and we all know that a 'design' means that there is a designer':idea: )

• Members

did you hear the one about the scientist that ran into a man's bedroom with a yardstick so he could 'measure' the man's dreams???

hahahahahaha....

as 'if' one could squeeze the origins of our existence into a 'scientific' (ie: naturalistic worldview...
:rolleyes:
) method???

gee wizz, the scientist can't measure it with his micrometers and his microscope...therefore! it doesn't exist!
:idea:
yessir-ee...if I can't explain it in my naturalistic science terms then I'll take my petri dishes and go home! bwaaaahahaha

go back to your lab and stick yer head in the sand...oh! and keep ignoring the OVERWHELMING evidence for a design to our universe (and we all know that a 'design' means that there is a designer'
:idea:
)

Now you've just degenerated to nonsensical rambling... im out of here.

• Members
Originally posted by CliffC8488

The biggest problem with the ID argument, (and any arguments involving deities, supreme beings, "designers", etc.) is they fall into a catch-22. OK, so who designed the designer?

CC

That's a double edged sword. Evolutionists have the problem of "first life."

Archived