Crazy YouTube Clip

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

its supposed to be a fusion demonstration or something but its pretty light on the fusion to be honest. Definitely a big metal influence, but the musicianship is pretty intense for the most part regardless of what genre you try to pidgeon-hole it in...

It showed up on my front page, I don't use Youtube often so I don't know if it tailors your front page to your browsing habits or if it shows up the same for everybody, so I apologize if everyone has seen this already

Enjoy!

Edit: Here's a NEW longer and better quality clip incase you don't read the second page...

• Members

Originally posted by Senor Forum

Impressive, but goddamn, I couldn't sit down and enjoy listening to something like that.

It's just... meh. BORING.

I'd agree with you except I think it was just a demonstration type thing... from the title I think I was just how to cram about a million techniques in.

If the guy has a band or a solo album, I think it'd be a better representation of what he does musically, you know?

This video just seems like it was meant to show technical ability over musicianship

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

I'd agree with you except I think it was just a demonstration type thing... from the title I think I was just how to cram about a million techniques in.

If the guy has a band or a solo album, I think it'd be a better representation of what he does musically, you know?

This video just seems like it was meant to show technical ability over musicianship

I dunno, the whole constant fast playing thing is just meh to me.

Take Yngwie for example; I can't listen to his {censored} for more than 30 minutes TOPS.

I saw him live and walked out in Austin. :-/

• Members

Ive really got to get into that hybrid chicken picking/sweeping thing that a lot of fusion guys do. It sounds much cleaner than conventional sweeping for wierd shapes. Ive been no good at it till now, but i havent really tried either

Anyone got any decent excercises?

James

• Members

Take Yngwie for example; I can't listen to his {censored} for more than 30 minutes TOPS.

Yngwie does nothing for me... very few shredders do really. I feel like I'm watching/listening to an application lesson or something... I would definitely not put something like that clip on my iPod, but if he had a solo album that I was aware of, I'd give it a shot...

now cue the guys who will say we don't like yngwie or fast stuff because we are jealous and can't play at retarded speeds like them

• Members

Yngwie does nothing for me... very few shredders do really. I feel like I'm watching/listening to an application lesson or something... I would definitely not put something like that clip on my iPod, but if he had a solo album that I was aware of, I'd give it a shot...

now cue the guys who will say we don't like yngwie or fast stuff because we are jealous and can't play at retarded speeds like them

You're just jealous because you can't play 41341541435145 notes a minute like Yngwie can! fjook you!

;):p

• Members

Hahahaha, gotta love that.

It could be because it's so fast that it's not even remotely musical. :p

Oh wait, no, it's only not musical to US, and because our simple minds can't comprehend it.

:freak:

• Members

Yngwang wishes he could play like that guy....

• Members

Hahahaha, gotta love that.

It could be because it's so fast that it's not even remotely musical.
:p

Oh wait, no, it's only not musical to US, and because our simple minds can't comprehend it.

:freak:

There are times when fast is what is needed, I'd hate not to do something just because other people overdo it, you know? A musical tool is a musical tool, so don't overuse it or abuse it, or else you become a... umm, musical tool! :freak:

and I'm not disagreeing with you either by the way, people just don't need to keep it in the same gear all the time.

• Members

:eek: :eek: :eek:

This one is a lot better quality I think, I can hear a lot more of what he's doing plus there's two more portions I hadn't seen

eat it up guys, he's a monster and I dare say I even found some of his faster stuff pretty musical and tasteful, but I wish he'd mix it up a little bit more... I noticed every time he seemed to slow down and get a bit "soulful" they faded him out and switched to a new clip :rolleyes:

gotta love the "I Love Youtube" animations too :freak::D

• Members

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8T-nMJVm5Ns

:eek:

This one is a lot better quality I think, I can hear a lot more of what he's doing plus there's two more portions I hadn't seen

eat it up guys, he's a monster and I dare say I even found some of his faster stuff pretty musical and tasteful, but I wish he'd mix it up a little bit more... I noticed every time he seemed to slow down and get a bit "soulful" they faded him out and switched to a new clip
:rolleyes:

gotta love the "I Love Youtube" animations too
:freak::D

lol I found what he and I have in common...we use the same neck(and what maybe looks like middle, too) pick ups...other than that, I wish I was as much as a hair of what his skills are.

edit: damn he has a nice collection of guitars!!

Archived