Did anyone see this in the new MF catalog??

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members
Originally posted by 17 Tubes

What? What's the problem?

Kids'll buy that faded ript jean look for top-dollar, yet Epi's f'd up for doing the same thing?

Oh...got an axe (lol) to grind with Ep, I'd say.

Many of them are decent guitars for the money. Below is a pic of my Epi. I know I am gonna get flamed for the pic...lol....I couldn't find a better one of my Epiphone. Yes, I know it's not a REAL Les Paul....but for 300, it plays on sounds...and LOOKS good.

StateAud3small.jpg

Nice suit:wave:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kids'll buy that faded ript jean look for top-dollar, yet Epi's f'd up for doing the same thing?

Many of them are decent guitars for the money. Below is a pic of my Epi. I know I am gonna get flamed for the pic...lol....I couldn't find a better one of my Epiphone. Yes, I know it's not a REAL Les Paul....but for 300, it plays on sounds...and LOOKS good.

StateAud3small.jpg

Is that a .22+ I see??

• Members

StateAud3small.jpg

LOL. Who's the creepy kid hiding behind the curtain in the background?

• Members

Actually, I also own a $300 LP copy.

Your guitar has a nice finish, and I'll bet it also sounds and plays no different from that $700 unfinished one.

Like I said, I'm sure it sounds fine. It's just stupid that they basically charge a premium price for not just a lesser finish, but a non-existant one.

Gibson has a habit of doing that. They have those "faded" SGs and such that aren't even sanded. And there's that $2,000 "raw power" LP. I think the only thing that justifies their basically insane prices at all is their large assortment of very nice finishes, but when they don't even do any finish at all and then try to act like it's something special, that's just tarded.

• Members

Originally posted by LedZep77

LOL. Who's the creepy kid hiding behind the curtain in the background?

"Looks kinda like the kid with moshgirl, but with blonde hair!!"

Hah....I know. Odd looking chap. I dunno who he was.

He was just overwhelmed by my tight E chord.

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

Actually, I also own a $300 LP copy.

Your guitar has a nice finish, and I'll bet it also sounds and plays no different from that $700 unfinished one.

Like I said, I'm sure it sounds fine. It's just stupid that they basically charge a premium price for not just a lesser finish, but a non-existant one.

Gibson has a habit of doing that. They have those "faded" SGs and such that aren't even sanded. And there's that $2,000 "raw power" LP. I think the only thing that justifies their basically insane prices at all is their large assortment of very nice finishes, but when they don't even do any finish at all and then try to act like it's something special, that's just tarded.

Some people find that attractive. Some people don't want gobs of paint and laquer.

IS it really THAT muchmore expensive to throw a fe coats ofpaint andlaquer on it?

How's the hardware? I dunno, let's make sure we got the whole story before we judge it?

What copy do you have?

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

The "faded" SG is still $600 less than the SG Standard, so it's not so bad. and the Raw Power LP is actually around $1800, which is less than their $2200 LP Standard, which is what is it based off of, but has the EMGs. At least the Epi LP on the top of page 1 has a nice flamed maple top.

• Members

StateAud3small.jpg

I like the finish on that Epi, is it an older model or newer? I cant remember seeing an Epi with a clear pickguard before.

• Members

Originally posted by theAntihero

I like the finish on that Epi, is it an older model or newer? I cant remember seeing an Epi with a clear pickguard before.

Not sure of the exact year.

It's a discontinued model...Custom I think....that was in the mags 5-7 years ago.

• Members

Ahhhh....Heritage Cherry.
:love:

Wine....
:love:

Trust me, I'd love to have a few of those puppies laying around. And the REAL old style Joe Perry LP.

Yea me too. I am not a huge LP guy, but those guitars are beautiful, and yes, the Heritage Cherry is absolutely gorgeous. My fav finish on those by far:love:

Archived