Did anyone see this in the new MF catalog??

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

Sorry if this has been posted, but it`s a neat looking Epi. limited edition LP Custom Plus ($699.99 item# 519396)....Not to shaby looking for an Epi.

428531.jpg

Also the Fender `69 Thinline Flame Tele is back. I think this is one of the sweetest looking modern takes on the thinline tele semi-hollow design. ($699.99 item# 515108)

271987.jpg

Also new are the new import Hagstroms. The catalog features the Deluxe (#513343, $499.99), Super Swede ($499.99-$549.99 item# 513342 and 513340), F-200P ($449.99 item# 513349)

410613.jpg

RKS Wave guitars ($699.99 item# 514040)

410631.jpg

Jackson Pro series Dinky DK2M ($599.99 item# 517588 )

408092.jpg

Peavey Windsor ($399.99, item # 481331) and windsor 4x12 cab ($349.99 item# 601428). Not too bad. An all tube 120 watt 1/2 stack for $750.00

429791.jpg

Enjoy,

Eric

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That Epiphone is described only as having a "natural" finish. Looks like they're trying to pass off more unfinished guitars for regular prices with fancy and evasive descriptions. "Raw" and "faded" finish guitars, anyone? :freak:

I do think that guitars like that look very nice, but I hate what they are trying to pull with it.

It's also a "mahogany/alder" body. Gives me the idea that they randomly use whatever mystery wood is laying around. I'm sure that the possibility exists for that to be a very valid and useful combination of woods if done properly, but seriously, these are "supposed" to be like the only exact LP copies that are not Gibsons, yet other companies make cheaper and more accurate ones.

• Members

That Epi LP is HOT looking.....I'm not one for natural looking guitars at all(tacky usually) but that one is very simple.

Wish Edwards made one although I have to admit the old Epi LP Custom I had was a smoking guitar with the exception of the pickups and nut....everything else was top notch IMO....played and sounded better than the real deal Gibby I bought a year later.

Has anyone tried the Peavey yet??

• Members

Originally posted by OneArmedScissors

It's also a "mahogany/alder" body. Gives me the idea that they randomly use whatever mystery wood is laying around. I'm sure that the possibility exists for that to be a very valid and useful combination of woods if done properly, but seriously, these are "supposed" to be like the only exact LP copies that are not Gibsons, yet other companies make cheaper and more accurate ones.

I hear what you are saying about trying to pass off unfinished guitars for regular prices....annoys me too.

As for the wood choices though, I was concerned about this too when I had my Epi....truth be told though, it didn't matter one bit and I knew it was a "mystery" what woods were really in there.

The bottom line is that it sounded great....one of the best sounding guitars I've owned to date.....honest....and didn't sound any less like an LP than any other one I've owned.

• Members
Originally posted by Ultron

I'm leery of the Chinaman Peavey. It looks pretty, but somehow I thing you'd be better off with the VTM (both build-quality and sound).....

The VTM is supposed to be like a JCM800 copy, though, right? I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of "better" used options, but they're also probably quite different. I would think the Valve King would be a more appropriate comparison. This one must be different, or they wouldn't have bothered. I'm curious what it's like. The MF description doesn't even begin to suggest what it's intended to sound like. :confused:

• Members

The VTM is supposed to be like a JCM800 copy, though, right? I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of "better" used options, but they're also probably quite different. I would think the Valve King would be a more appropriate comparison. This one must be different, or they wouldn't have bothered. I'm curious what it's like. The MF description doesn't even begin to suggest what it's intended to sound like.
:confused:

The Butcher is the Peavey JCM800 only with 6L6 tubes. I hear it's the same exact circuit otherwise.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

As for the wood choices though, I was concerned about this too when I had my Epi....truth be told though, it didn't matter one bit and I knew it was a "mystery" what woods were really in there.

The bottom line is that it sounded great....one of the best sounding guitars I've owned to date.....honest....and didn't sound any less like an LP than any other one I've owned.

I'm sure it's just fine. Certainly not going to destroy the sound or something.

It's just annoying that what they claim to be doing, what they actually do, and what they charge all contradict. Why not just do it right and not leave any doubts? They'd probably come out more consistant, too.

• Members

Originally posted by ranalli

I hear what you are saying about trying to pass off unfinished guitars for regular prices....annoys me too.

Unfinished guitars go for the same prices as "finished" guitars because they usually have a better quality wood for the body top, and have a better-looking grain. Most of the nicer transparent finished Gibsons have a AA or AAA flamed/quilted maple top.

• Members

Originally posted by jem7vwh

Too bad it's got a {censored}ty licenced FR.

Not all the liscensed ones are bad....

I liscensed FR on my cheapo Kramer was fantastic....and that was a great guitar overall actually.

However, some of the ones on the made in India Jacksons were truly junk.

• Members

That Epiphone is described only as having a "natural" finish. Looks like they're trying to pass off more unfinished guitars for regular prices with fancy and evasive descriptions. "Raw" and "faded" finish guitars, anyone?
:freak:

I do think that guitars like that look very nice, but I hate what they are trying to pull with it.

What? What's the problem?

Kids'll buy that faded ript jean look for top-dollar, yet Epi's f'd up for doing the same thing?

Oh...got an axe (lol) to grind with Ep, I'd say.

Many of them are decent guitars for the money. Below is a pic of my Epi. I know I am gonna get flamed for the pic...lol....I couldn't find a better one of my Epiphone. Yes, I know it's not a REAL Les Paul....but for 300, it plays on sounds...and LOOKS good.

StateAud3small.jpg

Archived