Any photoshoppers feel like helping out with a press kit?

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

I love how the black interacts with the background... thats awesome dude. I'm just not into the font, we aren't metal enough... heh

here's our myspace if you think it would help the creative juices

www.myspace.com/beautyintheburn

All amps are a Bogner Uberschall through a Mesa Oversized Cab :D V30 speakers. The right is a Bareknuckle Nailbomb the left is an 81

• Members

Dude that is so awesome... so {censored}ing metal... We are much more "core" than metal, thats for sure. At least you guys get cool things like demons and skulls, we get bloody roses and daggers and fire... Metalcore will be the new dirty word soon enough... kinda like emo and nu metal

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

Right on guys, thanks for the interest...

I apologize for this, it was really rushed and uninspired. We were racing daylight, and had a very amateur camera man. If you guys can make anything usable, I'd be very happy... A bit of Cropping might help a ton because the framing is a bit off.

oh well, enough talk, here's the picture.

don't pick on us too hard, we have never really been concerned with image and we've never taken pictures together.

oh, and the band name might help too, huh? It's "Beauty in the Burn" (taken from a song by the band Quitter, if you've heard of them)

That's going to be way to small to print at 8x10. Maybe 4x5 at the most but it will probably look pretty gritty.

• Members
Originally posted by mikenothing

Bump...

I would like to see others people's take on this.

I want to see what the OP thinks about my take since it's the only one that didn't crank up the contrast in a way that makes them look all glammy :p Oh well, they do have BEAUTY in their band name... Seems like there's more interest in the logo and graphics than the photo itself. Being a photographer I approach it a little differently.

• Members
Originally posted by tommythelurker

I want to see what the OP thinks about my take since it's the only one that didn't crank up the contrast in a way that makes them look all glammy
:p
Oh well, they do have BEAUTY in their band name... Seems like there's more interest in the logo and graphics than the photo itself. Being a photographer I approach it a little differently.

+1, good photography is essential. There is only so much you can do with a photo that doesn't work.

I wish I had the time to help you, FWAxeIbanez, but I don't. I would be inclined to use the photo to make some cutouts of your heads in high contrast (white highlights, black shadows) to be arrayed around an actual logo in white and black.

• Members

Thanks so much guys, I know it was low resolution and poor photography, we will be taking a more serious crack at this later... Like I said, we were immersed in band drama garbage all week with our bassist of 3 years leaving (and not telling us he was leaving)

Tommy, I dug the black and white, but I just couldn't manage to get a working copy of photoshop up to put a logo on it.

And I didn't mind all the contrast tweaking and stuff, you gotta polish the turd as best you can, hahaha...

Thanks again guys, I appreciate it!

• Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

Thanks so much guys, I know it was low resolution and poor photography, we will be taking a more serious crack at this later... Like I said, we were immersed in band drama garbage all week with our bassist of 3 years leaving (and not telling us he was leaving)

Tommy, I dug the black and white, but I just couldn't manage to get a working copy of photoshop up to put a logo on it.

Ha ha, it's not quite black and white. You got a pro treatment on that one! :p As I said, I'll send an uncompressed copy to anyone who's better at the graphics stuff and wants to take a crack at it to do the logo and stuff.

• Members
Originally posted by azure and drkz

I refuse to believe anyone in the pic is you.....You'll always be the guy in your avatar to me.
:D
.....Uhhhhhh far right ...maybe?
:confused:

LOL! Me too. When FWAxeIbanez first posted this picture, i was looking for the guy in his avatar. :D

• Members

Ha ha, it's not quite black and white. You got a pro treatment on that one!
As I said, I'll send an uncompressed copy to anyone who's better at the graphics stuff and wants to take a crack at it to do the logo and stuff.

yeah, that'd be cool, send it to BitBaXeMan@sbcglobal.net and if I get a copy of photoshop up and running I'll add a logo

truth is, we aren't gonna be sending this one out much because of how it came out and the lowish resolution that people keep mentioning...

probably in the next week or two we will be contacting a professional photographer who knows something about making a group of people look like a cohesive unit, haha... We already got a new bassist it looks like, so as soon as he learns a few songs and plays a show or two or ten and we know it's set in stone we'll take the next step of getting pictures that are worth taking seriously...

thanks to everyone who helped out! If you guys ever come to merced I'll buy you a beer, haha

• Members

Ha ha, it's not quite black and white. You got a pro treatment on that one!
As I said, I'll send an uncompressed copy to anyone who's better at the graphics stuff and wants to take a crack at it to do the logo and stuff.

just curious as to how it was pro treatment?
To me it looks like you just desaturated it a tad.

• Members

Ha ha, it's not quite black and white.

I was so tired last night that I'm embarrassed... it's obviously not black and white, there are purples and reds in there, I was in a zombie like state...

hahaha, black and white?! wtf, I'm a retard :idea:

Archived